Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#16612 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:18 pm
No dsl that's a good thing.
Also, if you do not have a landline anymore and you know where your telco box is, usually on the outside of the house, open it up and disconnect the house wiring from the main telco connection. Usually this just requires unplugging a phone jack. Voltage from the old telco line some times interferes with the phone signals on ooma.

Wayne
#16664 by Franchise_24
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:30 pm
Yah I messed with it for awhile and no go on the ringing. Then I decide, well I'll go outside and unhook the wires from the telco box since I planned on doing that and BINGO then all the phones started ringing. I wonder why just by unhooking those wires it made the phones start ringing. Really wierd.
#16666 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:57 pm
Not weird at all. I had to unhook my telco or my Scout wouldn't work. Even after a disconnect there is voltage and even noise present on the lines. (it's never really disconnected totally)

Removing the voltage on the line allowed ooma to ring all phones.

Wayne
#16669 by Franchise_24
Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:05 pm
Well either way everything is working perfectly and I am one happy customer. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it.

Neal
#16671 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:15 pm
Glad to help.
There's a good group here willing to help if you have any other issues. Don't hesitate to stop in, or hang out here with the rest and help someone else!

Wayne