Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#16538 by Franchise_24
Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm
I just completed my port today, which only took 19 days so that was great! Anyways, I got the setup to hook OOMA up to run the whole house. I have 1 cordless unit and 1 corded unit hanging on the wall. When I call the house none of the phones ring. Can anyone help me with this? I would think there would be enough power to ring the phones since there are only 2 of them.

Thanks for any help,
Neal
#16540 by Franchise_24
Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm
niknak wrote:try doing a reset of the hub

I did that when I got home, maybe I should have explained better, the call is going through, for example the corded phone hanging in the kitchen the caller ID lights up and I see my name and number pop up, but it just won't ring and neither will the cordless units. I reset the unit when I got home cause ooma said to do that since the port was finished....
#16541 by WayneDsr
Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:37 pm
Since your port just happened, you might want to try rbooting the hub.

Power off the hub.
Hold down the blue ooma tab on the ooma hub while plugging ooma power back in.
Continue holding down the ooma tab for about 30 seconds. Ooma will display a red lightshow. After 30 seconds release the ooma tab.

Hopefully a hard reset will get you back to normal.

Wayne

You beat me to it, niknak..
#16603 by Franchise_24
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am
Anyone else have any other possible ideas to try? Also it seemed today like the call waiting wasn't working. Wife was on the phone, I called her and she couldn't get it switched over. You do it the same way as normal phone service right?
#16604 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:32 am
Call waiting works the same way yes, when it is working. Sometimes there is an issue that call waiting doesn't "flash" over and a call to CS fixes it.

So, when a call comes in, phones don't ring, but can you pick up the call and talk?

Did it all work fine before the port?

Do you have an older cordless phone attached? Or dect 6.

Wayne
#16605 by Franchise_24
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 am
WayneDsr wrote:Call waiting works the same way yes, when it is working. Sometimes there is an issue that call waiting doesn't "flash" over and a call to CS fixes it.

So, when a call comes in, phones don't ring, but can you pick up the call and talk?

Did it all work fine before the port?

Do you have an older cordless phone attached? Or dect 6.

Wayne

Ok I may have to call the CS about flash, I will check it tonight. I'm using a 5.8ghz phone I believe, has 4 handsets, main base plugged in, and then 3 handsets plugged into electricity throughout the house. When I plug the cordless base directly into the ooma hub it rings, but then obviously my wall kitchen phone doesn't work which is why I'm going for the whole house hookup...

And yes the phones don't ring, but for example the kitchen phone's caller ID lit up when it should have been ringing which is why I knew my call was coming in and I could answer it and talk...
#16606 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 am
Ok, if you connect a phone to the hub ONLY and disconnect the PHONE port of the ooma hub from the house wiring the phone rings.

If you reconnect the PHONE port of the ooma hub to the house wiring it doesn't ring any phones.
In this setup where do you plug the cordless phone in?

Wayne
#16607 by Franchise_24
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am
WayneDsr wrote:Ok, if you connect a phone to the hub ONLY and disconnect the PHONE port of the ooma hub from the house wiring the phone rings.

If you reconnect the PHONE port of the ooma hub to the house wiring it doesn't ring any phones.
In this setup where do you plug the cordless phone in?

Wayne

I have a phone jack in the bedroom, that has a splitter into it, the phone is plugged into the splitter and the ooma hub is as well. When it's hooked up all the phones have the ooma dial tone, but no ringy dingy when people call :-)
#16609 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:59 am
The ooma hub is connected via the PHONE port correct?

Somewhere there is either a backwards wiring or one wire is off or the splitter is bad.
Plug the ooma hub into the wall with out the splitter or the cordless phone. Does the wall phone ring?

If not, that elimates the splitter as the culprit. Now you need to check the wiring inside the wall jacks. Make sure the same colors are attached to the proper terminals inside the wall jack.

You can purchase a tester from a hardware store (under $10) that will check the continuity of a phone line without taking anything apart.

Do you have DSL? I don't remember seeing that.

Wayne