Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15967 by hmcasey
Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:03 pm
Problems here, This is my install. wall to modem to ooma to computer. |Phone line hooked up to ooma then to wall. Nothing. just blinking red tab, 1-2 red and play and fast forward buttons red. |Where is my problems? |When |I read the instructions it talks about a router, |I dont have one so my install should be easy right? |Im coming from |Comcast digatl phone system, when they set up the phone they put in a Thomson Dhg535-2 in and upstairs bedroom that set up is wall line to splitter to thomson to tv. |With phone line coming wall to thomson. |Is this my problem? I have unpluggede it from the wall and nothing has changed except i dont have phone service. |Please help and please explain in low tech terms. Mike
#15969 by but2002
Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:07 pm
hmcasey wrote:Problems here, This is my install. wall to modem to ooma to computer.

|Phone line hooked up to ooma then to wall. Nothing. just blinking red tab, 1-2 red and play and fast forward buttons red.

|Where is my problems?

When I read the instructions it talks about a router,
I dont have one so my install should be easy right? |Im coming from Comcast digat phone system, when they set up the phone they put in a Thomson Dhg535-2 in and upstairs bedroom that set up is wall line to splitter to thomson to tv.
With phone line coming wall to thomson.
Is this my problem? I have unpluggede it from the wall and nothing has changed except i dont have phone service.

Please help and please explain in low tech terms. Mike

Welcome to ooma!

When you signed up for ooma, did you specify that you wanted to integrate a landline?
#15970 by hmcasey
Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:16 pm
Hi,Yeah I did but I haven't paid the 39.99 to start the process, |Is this the problem?
#15971 by but2002
Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:19 pm
hmcasey wrote:Hi,Yeah I did but I haven't paid the 39.99 to start the process, |Is this the problem?

I think you are mis-interpereting it.

Landline integration is not the same as porting the number

Porting would be the transfer of your current number to use with the ooma system

Landline integration is where you plug your existing landline into the ooma, so local calls and 911 go over the existing landline, but long distance calls go out over the ooma.

You need to call technical support and ask them to re-provision your ooma to work without an existing landline.
#15972 by hmcasey
Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:22 pm
OK, I believe I did ask for that but will call and amke sure, how is my install is that correct?
#15973 by but2002
Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:22 pm
hmcasey wrote:OK, I believe I did ask for that but will call and amke sure, how is my install is that correct?

Yes, it looks like you have it set up correctly.. After you make the call to have the landline integration removed, your ooma system should work as desired! :D
#15975 by hmcasey
Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:09 pm
Ok, I just spent 35 min on the phone with CS My install was fine, |It seems to be a problem with Digatal phone from comcast. Now they gave me a temp hone number until the port is completed. Just made a few calls with the ooma and all works great. |Thks for the help. |Mike