Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15829 by debs0917
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm
I just installed my replacement hub yesterday - now my scout doesn't work - do I need to reactivate that also? I was on the phone trying to install hub for 2 hours last night - do not want to do that again. thanks
#15830 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:53 pm
Do you have a number associated with the Scout? If so, you may need to call Customer Service and let them know. It's probably looking for the old mac address.
If not, try power cycling the hub and the scout.

Wayne

EDIT: make sure you plugged in the correct wires. WALL plug of the ooma hub to the wall jack.
#15834 by debs0917
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:29 pm
Everything is plugged in correctly - I will wait to call until tomorrow - like I said I was on with them yesterday for 2 hours - can't do it again tonight!
#15835 by scottlindner
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 pm
I don't know if this means anything, but I borrowed a Scout from a friend and had no troubles using it with my Hub. Isn't the serial number on the Scout only used for assigning a number specifically to the Scout in the Lounge? Or is it also used in some form of authentication with the Hub?

Scott
#15850 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:01 pm
I thought it might be IF he had a second number associated with the Scout on the original ooma hub.

Wayne
#15886 by scottlindner
Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 am
WayneDsr wrote:I thought it might be IF he had a second number associated with the Scout on the original ooma hub.

That makes sense. I haven't done any of the device assignments so I have no real experience with it or the behaviors.

Scott
#15915 by WayneDsr
Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:22 am
Actually neither have I, just a longshot here :-)

Wayne
#15918 by Groundhound
Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:34 am
Probably is an assigned scout issue. I have one assigned and there appears to be a way to delete that assignment in the lounge. So if I were having this issue I would try to delete it and then re-assign it.
#15919 by scottlindner
Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:43 am
Groundhound wrote:Probably is an assigned scout issue. I have one assigned and there appears to be a way to delete that assignment in the lounge. So if I were having this issue I would try to delete it and then re-assign it.

Or leave it unassigned to ensure the Hub/Scout combo work.