Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15824 by MikeekiM
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:29 pm
Not sure whether this is considered an "installation" problem, but wasn't sure where else to ask this question...

So I assigned my scout device to "Home Office" and also added a phone number to it... But at this point, when I dial that second number, I keep getting a recording that says "The person you have dialed can't take your call..."

Did I miss a step? Or does it just take a while for the new second number to ripple through the system? It's been about 15-20 minutes so far and still does not work as I expect it to... When I first set up my first ooma line, it worked within what seemed like seconds...

Thanks!
#15825 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:42 pm
Try this:
Turn off the hub and scout for a few minutes. Hopefully when you power them back up they will accept the new configuration.

Wayne
#15828 by MikeekiM
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:03 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Try this:
Turn off the hub and scout for a few minutes. Hopefully when you power them back up they will accept the new configuration.

Wayne

Great idea... Unfortunately, didn't work... :(
#15831 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 pm
Is your envelope light lit on the Scout?
If so you are in privacy mode. Hold it down for 5 seconds to turn it off.

Wayne
#15832 by MikeekiM
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:05 pm
Hi Wayne... Nope...that wasn't it either...

I ended up calling ooma support, and they had me do a factory reset on the hub and power cycle the scout... That didn't work either...

Then they had me connect the scout directly to the "wall" jack in the hub... That didn't work... So they opened a ticket and promised a call back in 24-48 hours...

In the meantime, I ended up doing another factory reset, and for some reason...now it works! Weird... But like you said to me in my "dropped call thread", the best fixes are those that work themselves out (or something like that... I don't recall your exact words) :)
#15833 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:10 pm
Great! Someone at ooma's end probably plugged something in that was forgotten!

Good deal, glad I couldn't help again! :-)

Wayne