Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15507 by vtechkk
Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 am
My Ooma tab is blinking red while buttons #1, 2, play and fast forward are solid red.

Once I plug in the phone wire on the wall of the hub to my phone jack of my house the play and fast forward buttons are no longer red, but the ooma tab is still blinking red while buttons 1 and 2 are still solid red.

I called Ooma support and told them to provision my hub so it can be used without a landline, but they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Please help. Thanks
Last edited by vtechkk on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
#15508 by WayneDsr
Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:40 am
If you are setup to use a landline with ooma plug the WALL port of the ooma hub into your wall jack. Turn off ooma by pulling out the power plug.
After 5 minutes, hold down the blue/red ooma tab (yes it is a switch). Plug ooma power back in while holding down the ooma tab and continue to hold it down for about 30 seconds. This should reset ooma to factory default.

Then if it still doesn't work, let us know how you have ooma hooked up.
modem-->ooma-->router
OR
modem-->router-->ooma

Wayne
#15510 by WayneDsr
Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:07 am
Yes and I hate to say this but you need to call CS again and tell them you want to change your set up to using ooma WITHOUT a landline.
I know you already have done this, but call and ask for another level of tech support if they don't understand your request. Your request is a pretty normal request and they should know exactly what you're talking about and be able to change it quickly.

Wayne
#15512 by vtechkk
Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 am
WayneDsr wrote:Yes and I hate to say this but you need to call CS again and tell them you want to change your set up to using ooma WITHOUT a landline.
I know you already have done this, but call and ask for another level of tech support if they don't understand your request. Your request is a pretty normal request and they should know exactly what you're talking about and be able to change it quickly.

Wayne

Ok, so I had it provisioned to non-landline. My understanding is if the hub is setup to be used without a landline the play and fast-forward shouldn't be solid red?
#15515 by niknak
Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 am
...my understanding is if the hub is setup to be used without a landline the play and fast-forward shouldn't be solid red...

Red lights on the hub indicate connection problems
Once the hub is properly provisioned, the modem port on the hub should go to your Cable /DSL Modem or router port and a telephone should be plugged into the phone port.
You may need to do another hard reset but then all should work well
#15548 by tommies
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm
vtechkk wrote:My Ooma tab is blinking red while buttons #1, 2, play and fast forward are solid red.

Once I plug in the phone wire on the wall of the hub to my phone jack of my house the play and fast forward buttons are no longer red, but the ooma tab is still blinking red while buttons 1 and 2 are still solid red.

I called Ooma support and told them to provision my hub so it can be used without a landline, but they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Please help. Thanks

Go to setup.ooma.com (172.27.5.1) and see if it says the phone line is connected.
Your ooma Network is Connected (******)
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Connected
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

Probably you need to call CS again, and ask for some one with more technical knowledge if needed. I know what you mean. I tried it too.

I called CS to ask them to change my ooma setup to use without a land line--before my number was ported. The rep was very good and explained to me that cannot be done until after the port is completed. Then one week after my number ported, I tried again, this time the rep has no idea what I'm talking about. I let it go. I still have DSL, and the line still has the voltage(50V DC) without dial tone. Ooma seems ok with it.
#15564 by saj070
Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:09 pm
vtechkk wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:Yes and I hate to say this but you need to call CS again and tell them you want to change your set up to using ooma WITHOUT a landline.

Wayne

Ok, so I had it provisioned to non-landline. My understanding is if the hub is setup to be used without a landline the play and fast-forward shouldn't be solid red?

i had same exact problem i am directly hooked up into modem.

yes setup with no landline they will have to assign a new phone number, did they agve you a new phone number ??

if so you have no landline setup. then wait 30 - 45 min to update account and server hook up everything like normal no wall port required just use the phone port to phone.

while everything is hooked up restart modem and wait 3 min it will work...

i had same exact problem look at my post under comcast and ooma wont connect..