Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15407 by ayousef
Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 am
I have 2 phone numbers with the premier package and need the 2 to act 100% independent as 2 physical separate lines..I am running a home office

I have 2 scouts ( Scout 1 and Scout 2) and 2 HUBS (Hub 1 and Hub 2) and one phone wall jack. I am plugging in Hub 1 into the wall jack from the Wall port, Hub 2 I am using the wall port and plugging in direct to the wall port of the Scout 2. Also on Hub 2 I am using the Phone port to the fax machine. I am using Scout 2 phone port to the phone I am using. The issue is when the number for scout 2 is dialed it goes straight to voicemail. The Do not Disturb is not on (red envelope is not lit)

I have tried other configuration Both HUBS to the wall outlet with a splitter but the scout 2 will pick up on Hub 1.

Any suggestion?
#15474 by scottlindner
Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:36 pm
Do you need both hubs to use the landline? If not, don't plug the Hub you don't need the landline with into the wall port. Just leave the wall port alone.

If you need both Hubs to work with the landline....
If you have access to a DSL filter, put a DSL filter on the line to the wall port of the second hub, but make sure it isnt' between the Scout and Hub so they can communicate.

If that doesn't make sense, post a few more details about the wiring of your hubs and scouts so I can be more specific. Specify how you have the splitters configured, and where you are using phone cords.

Cheers,
Scott
#15476 by ayousef
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 pm
It is a cable modem.. The connection look like this, I do need both Hubs connected to seperate the business line and the home lines.

Cable modem----Router---Hub 1 ----Wall outlet (phone outlet)
---Hub 2 (Phone Port) --- Direct to Fax machine
---Hub 2 ( wall port)--- Scout 2 (wall port)
---Scout 2 - (Phone Port) -----Physical Phone

The Phone on the scout 2 does not ring
#15488 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:03 am
From your description it looks like you have Hub 2 and Scout 2 completely isolated from your home's phone wires. There cannot be any scout and hub conflicts going on. It must be more of a setting problem. Based on your first post I was suspecting it was a multiple hub confusion on your phone lines, but I don't believe that is the case now.

If you plug the same phone from Scout 2 into Hub 2 does it ring when you call the number associated with Hub 2?

Can you place an outgoing call from Scout 2?

In your account for Hub 2 in the Ooma Lounge did you specify any device settings or did you leave that in the default configuration?

Is it possible that you have Do Not Disturb turned on Scout 2 but the brightness is turned down enough that you cannot see the red light?

Scott
Last edited by scottlindner on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#15489 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:06 am
I have another question regarding the network configuration. How is Hub 2 connected to your network? I wonder if Hub 1 is receiving and discarding traffic intended for Hub 2. Do you have Hub 2 behind Hub 1 on the network? If so, try putting both directly on your router. Another test to try is to unplug Hub 1 from the network and see if calls on Hub 2 are received.

I know your issue is with Scout 2, but depending on the results of the other tests I wanted to have some ideas primed so this doesn't take days to figure out.

Scott
#15490 by ayousef
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:32 am
From scout 2 I am able to dial out but not recieve calls. ( it goes directly to voicemail)

Both Hubs are Connected Directly to the Router

When Hub 1 is disconnected. I call from my cell phone and the scout 2 lines still goes Directly to voicemail.

The Do not disturb light is not on ( no solid red light on the envelope)
#15492 by saj070
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:39 am
ayousef wrote:From scout 2 I am able to dial out but not recieve calls. ( it goes directly to voicemail)

When Hub 1 is disconnected. I call from my cell phone and the scout 2 lines still goes Directly to voicemail.

press the envelope button turn it off all calls will ring.

envelope button is voicemail when you press the enevelope button and it is red all calls goto voice mail directly...

goodluck try to return something back to this forum this is only my second day but i feel i am an expert lol joke....
#15493 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:53 am
ayousef wrote:From scout 2 I am able to dial out but not recieve calls. ( it goes directly to voicemail)

Does a phone ring when connected to Hub 2?

Scott