Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15432 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:45 pm
niknak wrote:
murphy wrote:Call ooma support and ask them to configure your hub to use WITHOUT a land line. You appear to not have a POTS land line, just a Sunrocket system that you want to cancel.

Did you confirm your provisioning option for your home setup like Murphy suggested?

i am talking to the support now confirming if they provision my hub to no landline
#15434 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:02 pm
saj070 wrote:
niknak wrote:
murphy wrote:Call ooma support and ask them to configure your hub to use WITHOUT a land line. You appear to not have a POTS land line, just a Sunrocket system that you want to cancel.

Did you confirm your provisioning option for your home setup like Murphy suggested?

i am talking to the support now confirming if they provision my hub to no landline

they did that still no luck remove landline still not connecting
#15435 by niknak
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:05 pm
...i am talking to the support now confirming if they provision my hub to no landline..

Once that is the case, do a hard reset of the hub by holding the tab
Then hook up the ethernet cable from your modem to the ooma modem port and a telephone into the ooma phone port. Leave router and pc out of the picture for now an see if you have dialtone
#15437 by niknak
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:08 pm
...they did that still no luck remove landline still not connecting

Check all your connections...are they plugged into the right ports? Do you have a green network activity blinking light on the hub's modem port?
Last edited by niknak on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#15438 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm
niknak wrote:
...i am talking to the support now confirming if they provision my hub to no landline..

Once that is the case, do a hard reset of the hub by holding the tab
Then hook up the ethernet cable from your modem to the ooma modem port and a telephone into the ooma phone port. Leave router and pc out of the picture for now an see if you have dialtone

ok did that still no luck this is getting insane

i can ping to vpn.ooma.com

internet working sunrocket router is working wireless router working

modem to hub ooma tunnel disconnected....wow i am steaming here
#15440 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:19 pm
niknak wrote:
...they did that still no luck remove landline still not connecting

Check all your connections...are they plugged into the right ports? Do you have a green network activity blinking light on the hub's modem port?

yes i have activity light on cause internet working from home port to laptop. i see activity on both light flashing..
#15442 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:26 pm
Can you tell us what lights are lit on the ooma hub keyboard? And what color is the ooma tab?

Make sure the hard reset you did included the following:

Unplug ooma hub from power.
Wait 5 minutes.
Plug ooma back in while holding the ooma tab down.
Continue holding ooma tab down for about 30 seconds.
Keyboard lights will move through their cycle.

This should hard reset ooma.

Wayne
#15443 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:33 pm
niknak wrote:what lights are on the hub?

1 and 2 red light

play and forward redlight on all solid

modem port activity flashing no friewall and landline has been removed i was told. they assign new number

thanks guys
#15451 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:03 pm
Ok, since you do not need your landline connected any longer do a hard reset of the ooma hub. Like we said:

Unplug ooma hub from power.
Wait 5 minutes.
Plug ooma back in while holding the ooma tab down.
Continue holding ooma tab down for about 30 seconds.
Keyboard lights will move through their cycle.

You system may need this because of the change in setup.

Wayne