Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15363 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:58 am
i have sunrocket router connect instantly. but ooma no luck, i tried static ip and dhcp still no luck

i tried it with modem directly and wirless router still no luck..

I can get to ooma.setup.com web page verifid mac address

i spent 4 hours with tech support they have no clue.....

don't know if the hub is defective or not ??

any help would be really appreciated
#15364 by Aveamantium
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 am
Connect it directly to the modem again (modem to the MODEM port). Then unplug the ooma (may let it sit for 5 min or so). Then while holding down the clear ooma tab plug in the ooma. Continue to hold the tab down for about 30 sec while the ooma does the light show then release.

This should reset the ooma and hopefully make it work!
#15367 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:46 am
Aveamantium wrote:Connect it directly to the modem again (modem to the MODEM port). Then unplug the ooma (may let it sit for 5 min or so). Then while holding down the clear ooma tab plug in the ooma. Continue to hold the tab down for about 30 sec while the ooma does the light show then release.

This should reset the ooma and hopefully make it work!

I already did that no luck... master reset 5 times no luck tried it with modem to hub no luck
modem router hub no luck
modem hub router no luck..

funny thing is i can connect to any other device like sunrocket router or wireless router or my laptop but just dam ooma will not connect..

very frustrated i already wasited 4 hours
#15368 by murphy
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:50 am
Did you power cycle the cable modem. Comcast programs the cable modem to remember the first MAC address that connects after power on. No other MAC address can be connected to the modem until it is turned off to make it forget the MAC address that it learned. This is how Comcast prevents you from using more IP addresses than you are paying for.
#15369 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:53 am
When you first registered ooma online did you integrate your landline?
(using ooma WITH a landline)
If so you must also plug the WALL port of the ooma hub into your house phone jack.

Wayne
#15370 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:53 am
murphy wrote:Did you power cycle the cable modem. Comcast programs the cable modem to remember the first MAC address that connects after power on. No other MAC address can be connected to the modem until it is turned off to make it forget the MAC address that it learned. This is how Comcast prevents you from using more IP addresses than you are paying for.

Thanks for the reply i did power cycle the modem but i had everything disconnected. then started modem waited till i got connected then started ooma and hooked up ethernet to modem port no luck..

SO what you saying is hook up the hub leave it on with power on, just recycle the modem ??

I did not try that i will when i get home.. I only tried it the otherway were i disconnected everything..
#15371 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:56 am
WayneDsr wrote:When you first registered ooma online did you integrate your landline?
(using ooma WITH a landline)
If so you must also plug the WALL port of the ooma hub into your house phone jack.

Wayne

yes i have a voip line currently. I did activate with landline. but that should not matter cause if the ooma hub is not registering with the ooma server the wall plug does not come into play ??

My understanding is ooma hub has to connect with ooma server before i use the wall jack and phone jack..

If i have no connection then wall jack don't matter

Thanks
#15373 by murphy
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:59 am
The ooma tab will not turn blue if you registered to use with a land line unless the land line is connected to the wall port.
#15374 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:03 am
There are 2 ways to register the ooma hub. WITH a landline and WITHOUT a landline. In the case of registering WITH a landline you would need the wall connection or you would not get ooma to connect.

I would power cycle everything especially the modem as Murphy states. This could very well be your issue.

Also, you might want to tell us how you have ooma set up.
modem-->ooma-->router
OR
modem-->router-->ooma

And how do you have your other voip service connected?

Wayne
#15375 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 am
murphy wrote:The ooma tab will not turn blue if you registered to use with a land line unless the land line is connected to the wall port.

thanks with sunrocket i use the phone jack on the router to wall jack to activate all my phone in the house..

What you saying is i need to connect wall port from ooma hub to my wall jack ? ok i can try that and then connect phone port from ooma hub to phone..

I did connect my phone jack from ooma hub to my phone to see if it connects.

Thanks