Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15210 by jonathan
Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:45 am
Thank God for forums, and for their knowledgeable denizens...

I got the hub up and running, but the scout is only partially functional. I can answer calls from the scout phone, but not place them, except very occasionally. Usually, when I try to place a call, (the blue light is on, and the line 1 light comes on), I hear the ooma dial tone, punch in a phone number, and everything goes silent. And it stays that way. A couple of times instead of silence, I have got strange sounds (digital artifacts?), but no connection.

Oh, I have at&t dsl service, and have yet to cancel the bundled land line. I would really appreciate any ideas, as I really like the idea of this service, and would like to make it work.

Many thanks,

Jonathan
#15211 by tommies
Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:59 am
jonathan wrote:Thank God for forums, and for their knowledgeable denizens...

I got the hub up and running, but the scout is only partially functional. I can answer calls from the scout phone, but not place them, except very occasionally. Usually, when I try to place a call, (the blue light is on, and the line 1 light comes on), I hear the ooma dial tone, punch in a phone number, and everything goes silent. And it stays that way. A couple of times instead of silence, I have got strange sounds (digital artifacts?), but no connection.

Oh, I have at&t dsl service, and have yet to cancel the bundled land line. I would really appreciate any ideas, as I really like the idea of this service, and would like to make it work.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

I had run into this problem before. In short, it's the interference between dsl signal and HPNA signal--ooma hub & scout communicate by HPNA.

There are two work around (by KTR and Southsound) in this forum; here are the links
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=950 and
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=658
#15215 by niknak
Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:27 am
Yes, read the forum topics for this issue

Basically your DSL signal is interfering with the HPNA signal that the hub and scout use to communicate with each other
#15224 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:18 am
For a test, plug the Scout directly into the hub with a short phone cable. Use the WALL on the hub and the WALL on the Scout. If all is well, then I would refer you to the above posts.

Wayne