Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15189 by 40flash
Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:50 pm
Brand new system. Day 2. The system seems to be working OK. I had received a voice mail and the red lights lit up and all worked as it should. I listened to the voice mail and then deleted it. The voice mail light on the base and the scout have went out indicating that the voice mail was successfully deleted. When I press the voice mail button on th scout it confirms that I now have no voice mails. My inbox on the lounge also agrees that I have no new or old voice mail. The light and the digital read out on my GE cordless phone fluctuates between saying new voicemail and incomplete data. I have tried the delete button on the phone and the phone base station to no avail. Any Ideas on how I clear this up? Thanks
#15199 by but2002
Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:07 pm
If your username is indeed your phone number, I HIGHLY recommend you get it changed, or it could lead to a wide variety of unwanted callers.

And to clear up your problem, simply press the play button on your ooma Hub
#15207 by 40flash
Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:07 pm
but2002 wrote:If your username is indeed your phone number, I HIGHLY recommend you get it changed, or it could lead to a wide variety of unwanted callers.

And to clear up your problem, simply press the play button on your ooma Hub

Thanks I have sent an e-mail to ooma requesting info on how to change my user name. I tred the play button on both the hub and the scout to no effect. Anything else to try. I have pushed and held all the buttons.
#15213 by bw1
Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:37 am
Sounds like an issue with the GE cordless. You can try unplugging the Ooma hub for 60 seconds and plugging it back in. You could also try unplugging the cordless base station and plugging back in.
#15228 by but2002
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:33 am
If that doesn't work, I recommend you hard reset the hub. Unplug the hub, and then hold down the BLUE tab at the top left labeled "ooma" (Yes, it is a button) and then plug it in, while holding that button down for 30 seconds. This resets the hub, and may help clear it out. If not, then it is really a problem with your phone, and not ooma