Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20533 by just4fn
Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:42 pm
Today I had a Brinks/Broadview alarm installed at my parents home. They used the prefix (,,tt*99) and it worked perfect. The time updated and all updates came through. Looks like the Brinks/Broadview alarm is compatible with Ooma!
#30564 by allo
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:36 pm
I have some neighbors who have "alarm systems" installed - and some of us neighbors see in them nothing but nuisance; with all the false alarms.
Could anybody honestly say that for the money he/she is paying it is really worth it, and it actually "saved the day"... other than " for the peace of mind", or is it another "I fell and I can't get up" scheme!
#30591 by just4fn
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:02 pm
I feel it's like insurance. It's there when you need it.
#30613 by murphy
Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:04 am
It also gets the fire department rolling when your house catches fire and you are overcome by smoke inhalation and can't call them yourself. If you are expecting your neighbors to notice a smoke filled house and call the fire department, you will be dead by the time they arrive.
#31044 by Belosh
Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:16 pm
paperjam wrote:I talked with Brink's regarding using Ooma with their system. They said it couldn't be done, and that I should use their internet connection which consists of replacing the motherboard and alarm panels. Total cost is about $240, and takes about three hours to complete, plus I would have to extend my contract for another three years (my current one ends 8/8/09). They will be out to install the new system on 8/17/09.

I just had them out and converted me to the intenet connection. i extended my contract three years, and so i made them comp the installation, the new motherboard and the internet device. they decreased my monthy cost by $3/month as well. so the savings just continue to roll on with my ooma purchase.
#31111 by doctorwizz
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:48 am
And the reason ooma didn't work with my Ademco Lynx was that I plugged ooma into a wall outlet to feed the whole house. That didn't work because the phone wires from outside are connected to the alarm panel first, then fed to the rest of the house. That cuts off the phone to the whole house when an alarm goes off so the panel can dial if the line is busy. I could change the wires in the alarm panel to make it work. But I already returned my ooma :cry: I may get another ooma.
#84138 by cjohnston
Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:08 pm
Does anyone know the magic words to say when calling Broadview Security (formally Brinks) to get someone to come out and reprogram the alarm system to dial the prefix (,,TT*99) before calling the 800 number? Whenever I call Broadview Security, I get someone who says that Ooma is not compatible and they will not reprogram the alarm system to dial a prefix.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Charles
#84143 by just4fn
Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:27 pm
cjohnston wrote:Does anyone know the magic words to say when calling Broadview Security (formally Brinks) to get someone to come out and reprogram the alarm system to dial the prefix (,,TT*99) before calling the 800 number? Whenever I call Broadview Security, I get someone who says that Ooma is not compatible and they will not reprogram the alarm system to dial a prefix.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Charles

I've used the ,,TT*99 prefix for almost 2 years now on my Brinks-broadview-adt system and it works perfect. I too had to call them up to reprogram and they came out and it worked fine. I think ooma was new to them so they had not formed an opinion yet.

What does it matter to them? They will charge you for the service call unless you paid for free service calls at which they should come out anyway. The person that says it won't work with ooma needs to be informed. I would just keep going up the ladder until you get the results you want. Take their name and tell them you are writing it down and go from there.