Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#14566 by go5star
Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:14 am
When I first installed Ooma a month ago, I accidentally typed the wrong mac address in the setup. I along with the setup tech person quickly identified the problem and it was fixed within minutes. I just completed a secondary number port and someone switched the MAC address again. I called to have them change it back and after 20 minutes was told that there was no one who had access to do so. WTF? I called again, this time to speak to someone for initial setup option 1 instead of option 3 (everything else). Yeah I waited on hold for 20 minutes. Apparently, tech support on the weekends is LIMITED. There are no tech engineers on staff only low-level types. My ticket number is cs13174 because no one could fix the MAC address today because those people don't work weekends. DO NOT advertise weekend support hours if it is really this limited, or at least clarify with the term "limited".
#14583 by southsound
Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:01 pm
I feel your pain and wish there was something one of us fellow users could do to help. Sometimes Dennis P or Bobby B scan the board on weekends and if they see your post I'm sure they will take care of the problem. Sorry that you may have to wait until Monday AM especially since you have had good working experience up until now. Hopefully it will all be sorted out soon.
#14588 by niknak
Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:52 pm
Even if you called a landline phone company with a problem on the weekend, it would be a few days before the repair department responded
#14609 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:38 pm
Yes niknak, I can attest to that. I was having problems with my dsl before I purchased ooma and I was without 3 days starting on a Saturday. You don't get a live person on a weekend.

Wayne
#14636 by scottlindner
Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:42 am
WayneDsr wrote:Yes niknak, I can attest to that. I was having problems with my dsl before I purchased ooma and I was without 3 days starting on a Saturday. You don't get a live person on a weekend.

I reached a person on the weekend with QWest. QWest boasts 24/7 tech support. However, the folks on the weekend do not have access to any information, tools, and only know how to ask if your computer is plugged in, and do you know the difference between the left and right mouse buttons. The script readers are designed exclusively to tell you that you don't know how to use a computer, so for most folks on this forum... you don't get a real person on the weekend. :-(

Scott
#14644 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:30 am
Actually, you're right, Scott. I think I eventually got a live person that had less ability to access tools or accounts than I did.
And it still took 3 days.

Wayne
#14645 by southsound
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 am
go5star,

Did you have a chance to get support on the line yet today (Monday)? Just curious if they were able to get you up and running. We'd also like to know if you reached a US based tech and how the experience went. Thanks in advance for sharing with us!
#14646 by Aveamantium
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:47 am
southsound wrote:go5star,

Did you have a chance to get support on the line yet today (Monday)? Just curious if they were able to get you up and running. We'd also like to know if you reached a US based tech and how the experience went. Thanks in advance for sharing with us!

Are you thinking that they are only doing offshore support on Weekends?
#14649 by southsound
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:32 am
Aveamantium wrote:Are you thinking that they are only doing offshore support on Weekends?

I'm not sure but would like to think that at least escalation to second or third tier would be available on weekdays - and until training is completed that may mean US based escalation.

I think what we are seeing is a side effect of ooma doing very well. When I first signed up, support was great but hold times were so long that I'd wake up at night humming the music on hold tune. Then, with additional hiring and training, hold times went to sub-minute waits and the techs were very good. If they couldn't answer, it was escalated and problem resolved.

I believe after talking with Tino (one of ooma's super techs with over 3 years with the company) that they are in very heavy training mode with their offshore people. I have every reason to believe that the sub-prime support some are experiencing is temporary. ooma is a company that really cares about its customers. I'll bet that Bobby B and Dennis P have been monitoring things and had more than one meeting about the problem.

<<and for the newbies who don't know me yet, I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker and I do not work for ooma - I just have had enough experience with them to have a lot of faith in their people and the company>> :cool: