Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#14325 by auburngrad82
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:05 am
I activated my Ooma this morning and powered everything down. Then I connected the Ooma between the Time Warner modem and my Linksys router. Then I powered everything up and the phone isn't working. Here's the setup:

TW modem> Ooma> Linksys router> PC

I do not have a line running from the Ooma to the wall since during the setup I said I wanted a new number and didn't want to have it work with my landline. The phone (an AT&T cordless) is plugged into the Ooma phone port.

Here's the light situation:

Ooma tab- flashing red
Lines 1 and 2- solid red
Play and forward- solid red

I do have internet and I can browse to https://www.ooma.com, http://www.google.com etc

When I call the phone number it says this person is unable to take your call right now, please leave your message after the beep. I left a test voice message. When I go to the Ooma lounge the call does not show and there is no voice message to retrieve. But I do have the default intro message from Ooma that the phone and number have been activated.

Any ideas of what may be going on? Have I missed a step in either the configuration or the setup?

I should add that I get no dial tone when I pick up the phone. Do I have to plug in the landline even though I'm not using it? I thought that if I wasn't using the landline then I didn't need to plug that in.

I'm not home so calling tech support has to wait until after work but any help is appreciated. Thanks.
#14327 by Aveamantium
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:29 am
Sounds like to me that you did everything correctly... May have been a registration problem? You'll probably have to call support today (unless one of the nice people here have another idea). As for the voicemail, you'll get that message until you setup your voicemail my pressing the play button on the hub.

Well anyway, I hope you get this resolved soon so you can enjoy the ooma! Welcome!
#14329 by scottlindner
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 am
The red flashing light on the Ooma Hub tab is your first order of attack. Unless that is solid blue, it isn't going to work.

Try a hard reset on the Ooma Hub. I believe you hold down on the tab (yes, it is a button) and unplug and then plug back in the power all the while holding down on the tab. At least I think that is the reset sequence. Give that a shot and let's see what happens.

Scott
#14331 by Aveamantium
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 am
scottlindner wrote:The red flashing light on the Ooma Hub tab is your first order of attack. Unless that is solid blue, it isn't going to work.

Try a hard reset on the Ooma Hub. I believe you hold down on the tab (yes, it is a button) and unplug and then plug back in the power all the while holding down on the tab. At least I think that is the reset sequence. Give that a shot and let's see what happens.

Scott

I forgot about that one... Good call Scott! Yeah, just unplug the ooma hub and plug it in with the tab depressed until the "light show" (30 sec or so) is over and then release. Bet this takes care of it!
Last edited by Aveamantium on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
#14333 by bw1
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:46 am
See here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26

It looks like there may still be issues with new activations.
Try again when you get home from work.

You can also check the setup page - http://setup.ooma.com and see what that says.

Here is the troubleshooting page to diagnose the lights - http://cp-ooma.talismaonline.com/articl ... 34&p=12040

Like Scott says, reset the hub.

If it still doesn't connect you should call support - 1-888-711-6662
#14337 by scottlindner
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 am
Aveamantium wrote:I forgot about that one... Good call Scott! Yeah, just unplug the ooma hub and plug it in with the tab depressed until the "light show" (30 sec or so) is over and then release. Bet this takes care of it!

I picked that one up from WayneDSR. :)
#14338 by auburngrad82
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 am
Thanks, I'll try the hard reboot when I get home and if that doesn't work I'll call customer service. I did reset the power on the hub but didn't know about holding down the ooma tab. And once I get it online I can get the vm set up and we should be good to go.

Everyone have a great weekend and thanks again for the input.
#14351 by but2002
Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:35 am
auburngrad82 wrote:...Play and forward- solid red...

This occours when the ooma is set up to work with a landline, but the wall jack from the landline is not plugged in. But from what you have already said.

auburngrad82 wrote:...I said I wanted a new number and didn't want to have it work with my landline.

That means there must have been an error in your registration, and the best thing to do is call customer support or hope that Dennis P. sees this thread and does it for you :)
#14386 by WayneDsr
Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:02 pm
As a longshot: make sure the mac address you used to register your ooma device is correct. Sometimes an 8 and B and a few others can look the same. This has been an issue in the past. You may have to call ooma to make sure they match.

Wayne