Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#14270 by shaneoxford
Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:59 pm
I am trying to get ooma setup for it to manage QOS. internet router--> ooma hub--> home router( linksys )

I use remote access and host a webpage from my computer. I am having trouble getting everything configured correctly.
1. What setting should i use in my DSL Modem ( Bridge, Always on, ect..)
2. do i need to setup PPOEE in the ooma hub for my DSL internet?
3. i know i need to put the address the hub assigns to my linksys router in the DMZ of the ooma hub.
4.Do i need to change the Mac address settings in the ooma hub?
5. do i plug the ooma hub home port into the WAN port on my router?

sorry for so many questions.. i have been trying every posible solution and must be missing the right combo..

any help would be greatly appreiciated.
#14271 by scottlindner
Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:19 pm
The answers to your questions depend on what it is you want to do.

I *think* you want your Ooma Hub to be your central router for your network. Which includes using it to provide your QoS. Assuming that is the case, the simplest would be to put your DSL router into Fully/Transparent Bridged mode, and use PPPoE on the Ooma Hub where you will provide your PPP credentials.

Based on this assumption I provided above. Plug the Ooma Hub WAN port into your DSL router, and plug your Linksys router's WAN port into your Ooma Hub's computer port (I forgot, is that what it is called?).

With this configuration I do not believe you need to fart around with MAC addresses.

However, depending on your objectives, there may be other more appropriate ways to achieve your goals.

Welcome to Ooma!

Cheers,
Scott
#14298 by shaneoxford
Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:42 pm
ok i a able to get everything working with the configuration modem--> ooma hub--> router except for the passthrough to my server.

i try the public internet address on any computer in my network and i get the ooma setup screen.. I try it from outside of ny network and get nothing.. that is better than someone getting in i guess.. I have the address assigned to my router in the DMZ of the ooma hub.

i have port forwarding correctly set up in my router as i was using it before i placed ooma hub inthe middle..

do i need to set the router with a static address. I wouldnt feel that it should make a difference. I did verify the address assigned was the address in the DMZ of the ooma hub..

any ideas. my plugging and unplugging is bound to wear out my ports.
#14320 by murphy
Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:31 am
Sorry, wrong answer. I deleted it.