Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#13880 by grathke
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:33 pm
I know the maximum number of Scouts is 4. However, I'm wondering if there can be more if they are not connected to a phone. The reason I'm asking is I've got a few used where I have wireless phones. Sounds silly to have them, but it makes it easy to know if the internet is up or not just by glancing in and seeing if the blue ooma light is on.

I've also got one in my server room just so I know at a glance if the internet is up in there.

Thanks
Glenn
Last edited by grathke on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
#13882 by Bobby B
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:07 pm
Hi Glenn,

As far as I know, the Hub can only support up to 4 Scouts, regardless of if there's a phone connected to the Scout or not.

-Bobby

grathke wrote:I know the maximum number of Scouts is 4. However, I'm wondering if there can be more if they are not connected to a phone. The reason I'm asking is I've got a few used where I have wireless phones. Sounds silly to have them, but it makes it easy to know if the internet is up or not just by glancing in and seeing if the blue ooma light is on.

I've also got one in my server room just so I know at a glance if the internet is up in there.

Thanks
Glenn
#14031 by grathke
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:01 pm
Hi,

I could, but that would require an additional cost, and if it doesn't work, I'd have to try and sell it. But you're right, last resort I could try it.

Thanks
Glenn
#14052 by niknak
Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:10 pm
..I'd have to try and sell it..

Scouts sell briskly on eBay