Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#13196 by safman16
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:02 pm
I have ooma with 2 scouts installed. I want to disable automatic 2nd line. If I have a call come in on of my scouts and then I pickup my wireless phone (which is attached to a second scout), it will give me a new line. I don't want that. I want to be able to have it pick up like an extension of the original line.

Thanks.
#13198 by just4fn
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:25 pm
I believe you change the scout to a shared device with the hub. When either phone number is dialed both will ring.
#13200 by but2002
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 pm
safman16 wrote:I have ooma with 2 scouts installed. I want to disable automatic 2nd line. If I have a call come in on of my scouts and then I pickup my wireless phone (which is attached to a second scout), it will give me a new line. I don't want that. I want to be able to have it pick up like an extension of the original line.

Thanks.

Simply press the button of the line you want to join on the scout, and it will connect you to that line (Or press the flash button on the phone)
#13213 by WayneDsr
Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:44 am
I have ooma with 2 scouts installed. I want to disable automatic 2nd line. If I have a call come in on of my scouts and then I pickup my wireless phone (which is attached to a second scout), it will give me a new line. I don't want that. I want to be able to have it pick up like an extension of the original line.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question, but why are you using Scouts if you want one line?
You could attach a multi phone cordless to the hub and have phones anywhere or you can connect the PHONE port of the hub to your phone jack and get ooma hub phone on all wall jacks.

If I'm offtrack here safman16 straighten me out.

Wayne
#13219 by scoutconnor
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 am
I think he is using scouts is Brcause they do offer advantages such as 3 way calling and multiline support ( I had the same issue in that when I needed a second line, I had one but when I did not want one I still had one).