Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#13169 by leadercrat
Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:37 pm
First off a big thank you for all you have spent time posting answers and insights on this forum. I have studied a number of questions and answers and they have been helpful in my initial troubleshooting. Thanks!

I am seeking some configuration step advice. I have had my setup done a number of different ways with varying success. I have yet to get a blue light, but I have gotten both internet and I heard the OOMA dial tone a few times. In any case, I am resolved to try to get the following approach working for a number of reasons. The biggest is, I believe I am less likely to mess up all the things I have worked hours on to get to work on my Airport Extreme (11n) by using this approach. At least that is what I hope.

My set up is Comcast Modem - Airport Extreme - OOMA

I currentlly have internet working. I have a dead phone. I have the red flashing light tab, the 1,2 button solid red and the play and FF solid red.

My question is this. For those of you that have taken this approach to set up like I have, what steps do you believe I need to take in the Airport Configuration and in the OOMA to get such an approach to most likely work.

I have noticed a number of different pieces of advice, but can seem to sort through a clear 1, 2, 3 to get this set up to work. I have do airport configuation before, but if you were to say block this port, open that port, set PP to TT or TATA to TITI, I would probably be screwed. But I certainly can follow the go into tab 2, change such such address to match this address that you get from here - I can definitely do that stuff. I have also set some basic stuff in an effort to resolve my problems in the OOMA set up menu, so I able to access that and do minor stuff. Again, thank you for any insights you might be willing to share.

Leadercat
First Law of Kipple - "Kipple drives out Non-Kipple"
#13171 by but2002
Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:01 pm
leadercrat wrote:First off a big thank you for all you have spent time posting answers and insights on this forum. I have studied a number of questions and answers and they have been helpful in my initial troubleshooting. Thanks!

I am seeking some configuration step advice. I have had my setup done a number of different ways with varying success. I have yet to get a blue light, but I have gotten both internet and I heard the OOMA dial tone a few times. In any case, I am resolved to try to get the following approach working for a number of reasons. The biggest is, I believe I am less likely to mess up all the things I have worked hours on to get to work on my Airport Extreme (11n) by using this approach. At least that is what I hope.

My set up is Comcast Modem - Airport Extreme - OOMA

I currentlly have internet working. I have a dead phone. I have the red flashing light tab, the 1,2 button solid red and the play and FF solid red.

My question is this. For those of you that have taken this approach to set up like I have, what steps do you believe I need to take in the Airport Configuration and in the OOMA to get such an approach to most likely work.

I have noticed a number of different pieces of advice, but can seem to sort through a clear 1, 2, 3 to get this set up to work. I have do airport configuation before, but if you were to say block this port, open that port, set PP to TT or TATA to TITI, I would probably be screwed. But I certainly can follow the go into tab 2, change such such address to match this address that you get from here - I can definitely do that stuff. I have also set some basic stuff in an effort to resolve my problems in the OOMA set up menu, so I able to access that and do minor stuff. Again, thank you for any insights you might be willing to share.

Leadercat

When the Play and FF are solid red, it means the Hub does not detect the landline. When you registered you hub, you selected "I want to use the Hub with a landline" The ooma will not work unless you have a landline connected to the "WALL" jack on the back of the hub. If you do not wish to have integrated landline, you need to call ooma technical support and have your ooma converted to work without a landline.
#13172 by leadercrat
Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:27 pm
Thanks so much for the reply.

I must have done something wrong in I signed up then. I hadn't intended to ask for use with a landline. However, I do recall that when they asked how I wanted to go about the transition when porting my number and to choose either a "TEMP" number or use my existing landline in the transition, I picked use existing landline. That's probably what is driving it to want to see a landline at this point. I checked my account and there doesn't appear to be anything to indicate on going landline use that I can see. I will call them tomorrow to correct.

After reading your advice, I unplugged everything, let it sit a few minutes then plug it back in, but this time with a wall jack plugged in.

Now the I do get the Ooma dial tone - YEAH!! And I continue to have internet - Double YEAH!!

However, I don't get the blue light. In fact, it seemed to click/power off and now there are no lights at all. However, I do still get the Ooma dial tone. Any further advice or maybe I don't get blue until my line is ported since I selected the 'use landline' during transition...

Leadercat
#13174 by WayneDsr
Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:34 pm
Turn up the ooma dial on the right, it controls the lights.

Wayne
#13175 by leadercrat
Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:40 pm
The other right soldier-Doh! I checked the left dial and saw the red light tab come on on start up and thought it was set properly. But it wasn't. A BIG THANK YOU!
#13192 by just4fn
Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:30 pm
If I had a nickle every time Wayne got a thank you. Keep up the great work!
#13313 by brebro
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 am
I had the same problem: everything seemed to be working, but no blue light. I adjusted the dial on the right and now there is blue light. Thanks from me too!