Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#12488 by mksully
Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:33 pm
So far, after two days, I have the ooma support team stumped. Is there anyone that had Call Vantage that switched to ooma? For some reason my box keeps dropping and won't connect to ooma's servers. I have changed my settings on my integrated router/modem's firewall, but still haven't been successful. I will have to say the support team gets an A for "effort", very patient and courteous.
#12489 by WayneDsr
Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:58 pm
Sorry to have to start back at the beginning, but we're going to need more info.

Your connection is DSL I presume.
Do you have your scout connected? or are you using hub only.
If you are using a Scout, disconnect it and remove the connection from the WALL port of the hub. Run with the hub only.
Any change?

Is your router wireless and are you using a cordless phone? Sometimes older cordless phones interfer with wireless routers.

Is your internet dropping out as well as the ooma hub, or is it just the ooma hub?

If you could go to http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
and run a voip test and post the results here, it will help us all analyze your connection.

That's enough for now.

Wayne
#12559 by jtykal
Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:36 am
I switched from CallVantage over a month ago and have had ZERO issues with ooma. I have my ooma hub sitting between my AT&T U-verse gateway and my D-Link wireless router -- which I have effectively configured as a switch, letting the ooma hub act as DHCP server.

I did not have to change the firewall/port settings on the U-verse gateway at all.

I would follow Wayne's advice and "dumb down" your configuration as much as possible until you determine the cause of your problems. Could be inside wiring line quality, wireless interference, bad router, etc., etc.

Good luck.