Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#12462 by Pierre!
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:55 am
Hello All!

ooma Rocks!

I just requested a port of my existing Land Line with Charter Cable to ooma. I have been running a temp number for a few weeks now, will that number no longer be available?

These are in different area codes... I am moving and want old friends to be able to keep in touch no charge.

TIA for you help!
#12464 by frank1
Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:34 am
My temp number disappeared once my land line ported over. However, I did sign up for Premier later, and added a new second phone number.

If you've already given the temp number out, and want to keep it, you might be able to call Ooma and keep both numbers once the port happens. But ultimately you will have to sign up for Premier if you want two numbers.
#12468 by Pierre!
Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:35 am
Hello Frank,

I just signed up for Premier! And there is a very limited pool of people that have the new number, it should be easy to work through a new number.

I wonder if I will have to wait for the 'number port' to settle prior to picking up the second line...?

I appreciate the quick response and the info.
#12470 by southsound
Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:25 am
Pierre! wrote:Hello Frank,

I just signed up for Premier! And there is a very limited pool of people that have the new number, it should be easy to work through a new number.

I wonder if I will have to wait for the 'number port' to settle prior to picking up the second line...?

I appreciate the quick response and the info.

You should be able to work with ooma support and keep your temp number. I always recommend using their phone support at 888 711-6662 because it seems more reliable than using email. ooma support has been really stellar at helping me with my issues and the temp number situation has come up before - but there may be a limited time after the port to retrieve it - so I would recommend working with ooma soon.

And lest I forget, welcome to ooma! About the only thing you will miss is the thick telco phone bill every month!
#12506 by bw1
Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 am
If you already sent in your LOA and sent it through email. You can email your instructions to keep your temporary number as your second number once the port completes. Send the email to the same address you sent the LOA to. When the port completes, if it's not setup the way you want you can send an email in response to the email that ooma sends you that your port is complete.

That's what I did and it worked out fine.

By the way, you'll need to have Premier for the 2nd number.