Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#12394 by geno_je
Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:01 pm
I am a new user. When I leave a message I expected the "play" light on the hub and scout to come on to let me know that I have a message. But right now, we leave a message and the light does not come on. I can see the message in the lounge, and I can also play the message by hitting he play message.

I have cable internet, a modem connected to the Hub, then a router.

#12395 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:14 pm
Turn the dial on the right side of the hub and scout. This is a dimmer switch. You should see the blue ooma light and voicemail light.

Wayne
#12397 by geno_je
Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:28 pm
that worked!

Since the lights all came on when I first plugged both the scout and hub in, I really did not think the dimmer switch was the solution, but it was!

Thanks alot for the solution :)
#12402 by southsound
Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:36 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Turn the dial on the right side of the hub and scout. This is a dimmer switch. You should see the blue ooma light and voicemail light.

Wayne

You know, if WayneDSR got $.04 for every time he gave this wonderful advice he could pay for all the new spending the government wants to do!

Not to take away from Wayne's revenue stream, but if DennisP is reading this, wouldn't it be nice if a future version of the software defaulted to LIGHTS ON FULL?