Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#12192 by bw1
Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:43 pm
southsound wrote:If you have not yet set up your ooma, try to make the choice before registering your hub as if you integrate them now you will need to have ooma provision your landline (might cost a few $$'s) and then if you want to try it without the landline you need ooma to do some configuration changes at their end. Provisioning your landline involves adding call forward busy to send calls to your (private) ooma number if you are on your landline.

Unfortunately, someone would have had to activate their ooma hub/service in order to post here.

scottlindner wrote:
edphone wrote:Thanks for your responses.

Scott, do you have to let OOma configure your system? Do you have premier service?

Ed

I do have Premier service. I started off with the 60 day trial and fell in love with the Blacklist and Instant Second Line features. I'd pay $100/yr for each of those separately, so I find it to be a real bargain. Premier doesn't change that much and having it or not having it won't affect what you are trying to do at the moment.

I don't understand your first question. Are you referring to Ooma the company or the Ooma Hub? What sort of configuration are you referring to?

Scott

I think he's referring to the provisioning that southsound mentions above. Adding call forward busy to your landline will add an additional monthly charge and allows you to accept a second call on the instant second line when the landline is in use. They also remove voicemail, call waiting and call forwarding. See here:

http://cp-ooma.talismaonline.com/article.asp?article=261419&p=12040
#12211 by edphone
Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:46 am
Ah! yes provisioning. Can we do this ourselves or Ooma has to do it? Does it require premium service?

It seems like I can do it without Ooma by calling my own TELCOS and make the necessary change such as call forward busy (CFB)
#12220 by bw1
Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:05 am
Yes, you can make the necessary changes yourself by calling your phone company. AFAIK, you only need call forward busy if you have premier.

If you want to integrate your landline with ooma or remove the integration, you have to call ooma CS.
#12221 by bryanlyle
Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:09 am
So, with landline integration, if you call a long distance number, what number is displayed on the other end? Is it your ooma information or your landline information? Or is that something that you can control from the Lounge if you have this set up?
#12222 by bw1
Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 am
That's a good question, I would think that it would be your ooma information.

But maybe in that case ooma is configured to send the caller id name and number of your landline. Someone with that setup would have to let us know.
#12223 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:16 am
bryanlyle wrote:So, with landline integration, if you call a long distance number, what number is displayed on the other end? Is it your ooma information or your landline information? Or is that something that you can control from the Lounge if you have this set up?

Yes, you set that in the Lounge.

It's under Preferences / Privacy / What number do you want displayed on outbound calls?

I thought I had set outgoing Caller ID information somewhere, but now I cannot find that. Was the lounge changed to remove this, or is this something I set when I first configured the system that is no longer available?

Cheers,
Scott
#12231 by bw1
Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:08 am
scottlindner wrote:I thought I had set outgoing Caller ID information somewhere, but now I cannot find that. Was the lounge changed to remove this, or is this something I set when I first configured the system that is no longer available?

Cheers,
Scott

"Name displayed on outbound calls" is under preferences -> phone number and then click on the number. But you can't change it in the lounge.
#12233 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:20 am
bw1 wrote:
scottlindner wrote:I thought I had set outgoing Caller ID information somewhere, but now I cannot find that. Was the lounge changed to remove this, or is this something I set when I first configured the system that is no longer available?

Cheers,
Scott

"Name displayed on outbound calls" is under preferences -> phone number and then click on the number. But you can't change it in the lounge.

I don't see a way to change the CID information, do you?

Scott
#12256 by bw1
Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 pm
scottlindner wrote:I don't see a way to change the CID information, do you?

Scott

I think you have to call CS and there is an $11.99 charge.
#12260 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:23 pm
bw1 wrote:
scottlindner wrote:I don't see a way to change the CID information, do you?

Scott

I think you have to call CS and there is an $11.99 charge.

I guess that's the charge to sell the Ooma to someone else. It also a reasonable fee for people that need to (e.g. divorce) while costly enough to keep people from horsing around. Hmm... would be nice to get a semi-regular opportunity (every couple of years?) to ensure our CID information is still accurate without the charge. I am curious what regular telephone companies do when things change at home. Do you even have the option?

Scott