Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#11842 by asterger
Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 pm
Can the Hub USB port be used with a USB headset and boom mike? I ask as there is virtually no documentation regarding the Hub's USB port.

Thanks,

asterger
#11843 by WayneDsr
Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 pm
The usb port is used for nothing at all. It's a dead port.

Wayne
#11850 by but2002
Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:10 pm
For right now anyways. I'm hoping they integrate something useful with it :)
#11859 by asterger
Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:23 am
WayneDsr wrote:The usb port is used for nothing at all. It's a dead port.

Wayne

I assume you mean, its an unused port versus "dead" port. If the USB port were to have a future, it would need to be electrically connected now.

Has anybody connected anything to the USB port on the hub?

Thanks,

-- asterger
#11860 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:43 am
From a past post from ooma:
....Unfortunately, we have no plans to develop external USB peripherals for the Hub because the USB port lacks the capability to support these devices.

Wayne
#11861 by southsound
Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:02 am
Wayne is absolutely correct for this version of the hardware. But there is hope in the future of even more wonderful things from ooma...

The next version of the ooma hardware to be released later this year is a slick device called the Telo. It doesn't obsolete the existing product but will offer another option with some great features such as built-in DECT 6.0 capabililty for multiple handsets. If you look at some of the pictures on the Telo that are on the web, you will find that it also has a USB port.

I personally intend to gift my hub/scout to a family member when the Telo has been out for a while and upgrade to the new device. As far as the capabilities of the USB port or other features, who knows what wonderful things lurk in the minds of ooma engineers??!!