Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#11804 by Chris W
Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:02 pm
My OOMA lamp went red and my DSL was locked out this evening. This was after I drylooped my DSL, ported two phone numbers, canceled (actually OOMA did that for me) my two phone lines and continued to use my service for an additional four days!

Well, this happened because I haven't registered my dry-looped dsl account. The AT&T rep says that I am flagged as a new account and new dsl accounts are not notified to register their new account, despite receiving a confirmation with my new dsl phone number.

To register a new dsl account, go to http://144.160.11.35/register and use you existing ID and password. When you receive the message, "There is a problem with your account", the above address is the only address that will work.

Chris
#11807 by but2002
Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 am
4087450772 wrote:My OOMA lamp went red and my DSL was locked out this evening. This was after I drylooped my DSL, ported two phone numbers, canceled (actually OOMA did that for me) my two phone lines and continued to use my service for an additional four days!

Well, this happened because I haven't registered my dry-looped dsl account. The AT&T rep says that I am flagged as a new account and new dsl accounts are not notified to register their new account, despite receiving a confirmation with my new dsl phone number.

To register a new dsl account, go to http://144.160.11.35/register and use you existing ID and password. When you receive the message, "There is a problem with your account", the above address is the only address that will work.

Chris

I had a similar problem when I drylooped my DSL service. I can't remember what caused it. For the place where it is asking for your phone number, you are entering your Account Number that AT&T gave you, correct? (With DryLooped DSL, you don't have a landline phone number, sop they give you an account number instead) and IIRC it's supposed to begin with a 0

If all else fails, ask a neighbor to use their phone and call AT&T for support.
#11818 by Chris W
Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am
Thats correct. The new dsl number must be registered immediatedly (using the previously mentioned link) or you will be redirected to AT&T CS and your dsl service blocked. They don't tell you this in advance.

Chris
#11833 by tommies
Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm
(With DryLooped DSL, you don't have a landline phone number, sop they give you an account number instead) and IIRC it's supposed to begin with a 0

My dry loop DSL (with att) account number is a phone number. I did not have any service disrupted, but they mess up my billing statement for 2 months.

I order my dsl dry loop on the same day I emailed LOA. I took 11 days for the dry loop to complete, after this the dial tone went dead. No disrupting of DSL service, but it has a different number from my land line, which is about to be ported. The port took 30 days to complete. During the time in between I have to use a temp. number from ooma and switching back to my number after the port completed.

I don't have to register to use the DSL, but I do register to reactivate e-bill service from att.
#11841 by but2002
Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:49 pm
4087450772 wrote:Thats correct. The new dsl number must be registered immediatedly (using the previously mentioned link) or you will be redirected to AT&T CS and your dsl service blocked. They don't tell you this in advance.

Chris

You have me a bit confused. Are you saying it's not working for you? Or are you saying you solved it, and telling other people in advance?
#11846 by Chris W
Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:34 pm
Sorry for the confusion. I am telling other people that if the new dsl account is not registered within two weeks, the browser will be automatically directed to the AT&T customer service with the message, "There is something wrong with your account, please call customer service". The AT&T confirmation email for the dsl dry-loop is the same form letter that new subscribers receive stating that the registration process will be performed with the self-installation kit.
Because no self-installation kit is sent for the dsl dry-loop, the subscriber does not have the opportunity to register. To register, use the link http://144.160.11.35/register.

Chris
#11849 by but2002
Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 pm
4087450772 wrote:Sorry for the confusion. I am telling other people that if the new dsl account is not registered within two weeks, the browser will be automatically directed to the AT&T customer service with the message, "There is something wrong with your account, please call customer service". The AT&T confirmation email for the dsl dry-loop is the same form letter that new subscribers receive stating that the registration process will be performed with the self-installation kit.
Because no self-installation kit is sent for the dsl dry-loop, the subscriber does not have the opportunity to register. To register, use the link http://144.160.11.35/register.

Chris

Ah, this is not exactly true. Internet still works because it takes a while for them to change the DSLAM to your new account number, even after they de-activate your phone (Took me three days) afterwards is when you need to re-register.
#11883 by Chris W
Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 pm
You missed my point, I never said that it stopped working, I said that you are directed to the AT&T customer service phone number and blocked from using the internet. You can only connect to AT&T (I believe) with the link that I mentioned above. In my case, this happen two weeks after I dry-looped my dsl and four days after I canceled my phone service.

Chris
#11887 by tommies
Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm
4087450772 wrote:You missed my point, I never said that it stopped working, I said that you are directed to the AT&T customer service phone number and blocked from using the internet. You can only connect to AT&T (I believe) with the link that I mentioned above. In my case, this happen two weeks after I dry-looped my dsl and four days after I canceled my phone service.

Chris

It's strange.
I did not experience this. My dry loop DSL (also with ATT) just works as before dry loop, no disruption, no redirection, no blocking.