Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#11506 by hap55py
Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:32 am
I moved and now have AT&T U-verse Internet access. The U-verse modem works, my router (Apple Airport Extreme) works, the Ooma hub is connected to the Internet, but it seems to be looking for the landline that we no longer have. The tab is blinking red, and the error buttons are top row both buttons (glowing red) and the bottom row, the right two buttons (glowing red). It seems to me that I have to reconfigure the Ooma hub to "no landline".
The phone wiring in the house has been disconnected from the phone co.
Ooma hub is between the U-Verse modem and the Apple Airport and is connected to the phone line in the wall and a phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#11507 by murphy
Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 am
You will have to call support and have them configure your hub to work without a land line.
#11513 by bw1
Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:18 pm
You can email ooma support, but it may take several days to a week to get back to you based on responses here.

There are a couple of ooma moderators that visit here that may see your post and change it. But the rest of us can't do anything.

Since you've dropped your land line, do you have any backup? You might want to check into getting a pre-paid cell phone as backup in case your internet connection or power goes out.
#11516 by southsound
Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:41 pm
hap55py,

I just talked to Sean and he needs to figure out your contact information so he can do the correction. I am emailing you now with Sean's email address. He'll have you up and running in no time.
#11523 by ciscole
Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 pm
I think I may be having a similar issue, but I tried to setup my ooma w/out landline service. When I check the setup page, the msg I'm getting is: Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network. Anyone still up to help me reset this?
Thanks.
#11531 by bw1
Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:41 pm
ciscole wrote:I think I may be having a similar issue, but I tried to setup my ooma w/out landline service. When I check the setup page, the msg I'm getting is: Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network. Anyone still up to help me reset this?
Thanks.

Is the ooma tab on the hub blinking red?

Are the Play > and Fast Forward >>| buttons on the hub solid red?

If you have no lights on the hub and power is connected, turn up the brightness control knob on the right side.

If you've configured without landline service, then you shouldn't need to connect the wall port to a working phone jack.

I think the message you're seeing is it's waiting for the ooma servers to register your line.

My setup page says: Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
#11532 by ciscole
Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:03 pm
sorry, yes, the tab is blinking red, the 1, 2, play, and forward lights are solid red. Now I thought I had configured my ooma to work w/out landline service, but now I'm not so sure. I'm sure it wouldn't have given me this issue if I had. It's been trying to register my line for the last 2.5 hrs. I do have the phone line plugged in, but I also tried reseting everything with the phone line unplugged. It's still blinking....
#11534 by bw1
Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:14 am
Do you have a working landline available? If so, plug it into the wall port of the ooma hub.

On page 40 of the User Guide (also available here: http://www.ooma.com/support/documentation.php), it says that if the Play and Fast forward buttons are solid red that the ooma hub is unable to detect that a phone line is plugged in. If the 1 and 2 buttons are solid red, then the hub is unable to register with the network.

If you've configured to use a landline and you don't have one available, you'll need to contact support. Call them right at 11:00 am ET.