Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#11708 by The Pagliones
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:08 pm
Well, I called, and the guess is that there might be something wrong with the Modem port on the device. I'm just waiting for the verdict to see what can be done. I love the device and think the customer service is great. Hopefully I won't have to go back to traditional phone service!!
#12611 by The Pagliones
Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:01 am
WayneDsr wrote:If you get ooma up and running please update us on the fix.
Thanks,

Wayne

Here's the Update:

It turns out that my "Modem Port" failed somehow. Excatly what caused the failure is a mystery, though we eventually figured it out when none of the troubleshooting produced any different behavior. Also, one clue (but I'm not sure it is a reliable one), is that the lights on the Modem port (where you plug in the ethernet cable) were not on even though we had convinced ourselves that there should have been a live connection running to this port.

Ooma arranged a replacement unit to be shipped, and I returned the broken one, so I expect there might be some subsequent evaluation on that unit to figure out the failure.

The new Hub came pre-activated; it only required me to plug it in, put the broken one back in the box, and then ship it back with the label that was pre-printed for me. All in all a painless process. The only possible point for improvement (and it is a minor one), would be to give me the option to pay for overnight delivery rather than waiting the week for ground transport. But, it still arrived relatively quickly, and it all worked great. I've never been so happy to see a blue light :)

Thanks, Wayne, for the suggestion to call customer support! Best, Laura