Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#10004 by ggilman
Wed May 20, 2009 5:17 pm
Has anyone tried a Supra DisplayKEY on an ooma? This device is used by real estate salespeople, such as my wife, to open lock boxes. Each night, the device must dial in to update itself.

Anyway, I've tried the device over and over again with no luck. I am able to set the phone number it dials, so I added *99, as you would for a fax but when I do that, it doesn't even seem to connect properly. Without *99, I've listened in on another phone and a connection is at least begun but the device ends up erroring out.
#10008 by murphy
Wed May 20, 2009 5:25 pm
What baud rate does it use? Set it to 9600 baud or less.
#10012 by ggilman
Wed May 20, 2009 6:31 pm
Unfortunately I have no settings I can make on the device, other than the phone # it is supposed to dial.
#10721 by lohertz
Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:33 am
add " *99 " before the phone number to decrease the compression on the ooma
i.e.
*99 xxx-xxx-xxxx
#10738 by niknak
Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:59 pm
Do you know if the device is using "pulse" dialing or touch-tone?
It was discovered here that OOMA does not work with pulse / rotary dialing
#10845 by ggilman
Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 pm
To answer the questions:

Tone Dialing
I had stated earlier that I tried *99, already.

Looking at the call logs, it appears that after the first number is dialed, the only one I have any control over, it dials two more 800 numbers. These are hard-coded in and I wasn't even aware that they were dialed, nor do I know exactly for what purpose. Anyway, potentially the first number, the one which I added *99 to works fine but then when it attempts to dial the others it fails.

I just don't think this will work. Fortunately I found out they make a USB compatible device which does the same thing. My wife will have to swap out for that one.
#10849 by Dennis P
Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 pm
The Supra DisplayKEY has a bug (at least the one that I used did) where the * and # keys are swapped. So you need to enter "#99,<phone number>" to make it dial "*99,<phone number>". I also found that I had more luck hitting a local access number as opposed to the 800 numbers that it falls back to. It will only hit the 800 numbers if the local access number fails.
#55083 by jpainter
Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm
ggilman wrote:To answer the questions:

Tone Dialing
I had stated earlier that I tried *99, already.

Looking at the call logs, it appears that after the first number is dialed, the only one I have any control over, it dials two more 800 numbers. These are hard-coded in and I wasn't even aware that they were dialed, nor do I know exactly for what purpose. Anyway, potentially the first number, the one which I added *99 to works fine but then when it attempts to dial the others it fails.

I just don't think this will work. Fortunately I found out they make a USB compatible device which does the same thing. My wife will have to swap out for that one.

Did you find a solution for this? I'm a Realtor and the Supra issue is the last hurdle before switching over to Ooma.
#55086 by southsound
Sun May 09, 2010 1:25 pm
jpainter wrote:
Did you find a solution for this? I'm a Realtor and the Supra issue is the last hurdle before switching over to Ooma.

I think you may have missed the post directly above your own. Bobby B talked about the * and # keys being reversed. The only way you will know for sure is to try the Supra with an ooma system - and enter the predial codes like Bobby said above. As with faxing, what works for one may not work for another. Must retailers honor the 30-day return policy with ooma - in fact, with Costco it is lifetime. Why not give it a try and report back to the forum?
#55088 by jpainter
Sun May 09, 2010 1:51 pm
How would you plug the Supra display key into the OOMA system, when a phone is plugged into the existing Telo port? Can you use one of those little doo dads that allows you to hook two land lines up to one wall jack?

I'm using the Ooma as a stand alone without using the house wiring.