Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#111458 by cowboy
Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:27 am
I have DSL and a ooma Telo with no phone service and I was trying to feed telo back into phone jack to make other ones work the DSL went dead so I hooked it up back to the one phone and it came back up . what I would like to know is what do I need to do to make all phone jacks live with telo? My home is fairly new and I know we have cat 5 wire.
#111460 by dknyinva
Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:19 am
cowboy wrote:I have DSL and a ooma Telo with no phone service and I was trying to feed telo back into phone jack to make other ones work the DSL went dead so I hooked it up back to the one phone and it came back up . what I would like to know is what do I need to do to make all phone jacks live with telo? My home is fairly new and I know we have cat 5 wire.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/distrib ... hone-jacks
#111462 by parity_bit
Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:56 am
cowboy wrote:I have DSL and a ooma Telo with no phone service and I was trying to feed telo back into phone jack to make other ones work the DSL went dead so I hooked it up back to the one phone and it came back up . what I would like to know is what do I need to do to make all phone jacks live with telo? My home is fairly new and I know we have cat 5 wire.

The easiest way (IMO) would be to use a RJ11 crimp tool to separate out the DSL pair from the pair you are sending back to the NID from Ooma. Give DSL the outer pair and have Ooma occupy the inner pair(Red,Green). I assume you'd need to change just two plugs. The one from the NID serving to route the DSL to your home (changing to the outer pair--Yellow, Black isn't it?) and then from the jack that supplies your modem. Since the Ooma would feed its signal back to the NID then all jacks would carry Ooma's signal to the inner pair. At least it sounds right on paper.

Has anyone done this and found it to be correct/incorrect?
#111476 by cowboy
Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:54 pm
I'm confused I will post a picture of my outside box tomorrow. I appreciate the help. this is a complex problem if you don't know much about it
#111559 by murphy
Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 am
cowboy wrote:How do you post pix to this form I have read FAQ,s
and still cannot figure it out.

Once you have clicked on Reply (or Quote) look below the [Save] [Preview] [Submit] buttons for the Upload attachment tab.
#111561 by cowboy
Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 am
Is there a limit on file size mine keeps coming back cannot upload . my pix is jpeg. 152k I don't seem able to open Jpeg post . Have never had this problem with a site. Can someone help?
#111616 by jctcom
Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:40 am
I don't know if this applies with the Ooma Telo or not.

But generally when you sign up for a DSL account you generally get these adapters that allow you to plug phones into your jacks without them interfering with the DSL service. If you have those adapters I would give that a try for the Telo device and any other phones that you plug into the wall jacks.

I believe the adapters are to filter out the digital signals used for DSL and allow the Analogue signals used by the phones to work properly.

Carl