Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#110090 by cvking
Mon May 20, 2013 11:52 am
Trying to back feed my phone jacks using ooma. Lines shown in pics. are- blue line comes from most jacks in the house which are looped together from one jack to the next. Also this is running u verse Internet (from a renovation). single grey line coming from a bedroom jack. Double grey line with white paint on it is coming out of the attic but have no idea where from. Cream colored line is connected with with the other lines on one side but is open on the other end.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.02 KiB) Viewed 6988 times
#110709 by lbmofo
Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 am
Did you ever sign up to Uverse voice phone service? Did you or do you still have landline service coming into your house. How is the Uverse modem connected? Can you see the color of wires going into the Uverse modem?
#110831 by cvking
Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 pm
Hi, yes I did have uverse phone for a short period, at this time I have no phone service I only have uverse Internet which only will work if the blue/blue wht are in the data port. I have posted a new pic with the extra cables that were no longer being used removed. The grey lines that are pictured are coming from two bedrooms. The blue line is coming from the rest of the jacks in the house (from a renovation) my uverse is plugged into a jack using the blue line. My jacks are wired with blue/red blue wht/grn, org/yellow, org wht/blk. Tried plugging just orange wires in and using a L1/L2 splitter inside and plugging uverse into L2 so I would have L1 for ooma in all jacks but would not work. That's where I am now. Whole reason I'm doing this is because I want to hook a fax up at a different location in the house sepearate from where I keep my modem. Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.16 KiB) Viewed 6791 times
#110834 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:17 pm
At the "data port" connect orange pair instead of the blue. Where your modem is plugged in, use L1/L2 splitter and plug modem into L2. Outside, connect all the blues together and all the white-blues together (use 3 wire butt connectors). Feed Ooma dialtone to L1 of the splitter your modem is plugged into (modem is L2). All other jacks should have Ooma dialtone when you do this.
#110854 by cvking
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:56 am
Tried that, but seems that the only way my Internet will work is if the blue wires are plugged into data port. Wouldn't have to do with how the phone, modem, and ooma are connected would it? I have phone into ooma, ooma into modem with Ethernet and modem into phone jack. When I plug orange wires into data Internet goes out.
#110860 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:34 pm
Have you used this L1, L2 splitter where your modem is plugged in?

If you take out the blue pair at the NID, and use orange pair instead (orange where blue used to be, white-orange where white-blue used to be), the orange pair would be carrying your modem signal into the house. Then at the jack where your modem is plugged in, plug one of these L1, L2 splitter to the jack first, then plug in the modem into the L2 port. Then, your modem would work.

Once you get that working, it is a matter of connecting all your 1st pair together at the NID. blue wire to red wires, white-blue wire to green wires.

You can connect wires together using the 3 wire butt connectors (clip all the exposed metal leads off first). IDEAL 85-925 3 wire butt splice scotchlok connectors from Home Depot
#110880 by cvking
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 am
Tried all that, wondering if my splitter could be bad?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (80.14 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.69 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.88 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
#110881 by cvking
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:14 am
Pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (67.03 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (94.91 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
#110885 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:08 am
At the NID, when you connect the orange pair into the data port, make sure you got the ring and tip right. Orange-White is Ring (red) and White-Orange is Tip (green).
#110893 by cvking
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am
No luck, going to try and replace the splitter. Any chance there could be an issue withe the nib hookup on the AT&T side?