Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#109539 by avale
Mon May 06, 2013 9:07 am
I am a happy owner of the original Ooma and Scout. This more than meets my needs but last night I saw that my Ooma was no longer connecting to the internet. I discovered the problem (router it was plugged into was accidentally switched off) but when I thought I was going to have to replace the Ooma with the new version I looked at what the new Ooma had to offer. One thing I really liked was the bluetooth module so you could answer calls from your mobile phone. Does the bluetooth module work with the original Ooma? Also, if I decided to buy the new Ooma, would I have any registration fees to switch over to the new equipment?
#109540 by lbmofo
Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 am
Ooma's bluetooth dongle only works with Telo. If new Ooma device, no charge to swap device. Just need to call into Ooma customer service. But old device deactivated would require $79.99 re-activation fee if someone activates later.
#109541 by gtdurham
Mon May 06, 2013 9:59 am
You could also do what we did. We too have the original Hub. We bought an AT&T cordless phone that had bluetooth built into it. My wife has her cell phone connect to the bluetooth on the AT&T cordless phone and she's able to answer her phone on any of the cordless phone in the house and it works very well without any monthly charge.
#109548 by lbmofo
Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm
I remember Xlink being there before DECT phones started coming out with Bluetooth. One thing great about Telo Bluetooth is that calls get registered in Ooma call logs.
#109559 by avale
Mon May 06, 2013 6:01 pm
gtdurham wrote:You could also do what we did. We too have the original Hub. We bought an AT&T cordless phone that had bluetooth built into it. My wife has her cell phone connect to the bluetooth on the AT&T cordless phone and she's able to answer her phone on any of the cordless phone in the house and it works very well without any monthly charge.

That is really cool! Which model if you don't mind?
#109560 by EX Bell
Mon May 06, 2013 7:52 pm
avale wrote:
gtdurham wrote:You could also do what we did. We too have the original Hub. We bought an AT&T cordless phone that had bluetooth built into it. My wife has her cell phone connect to the bluetooth on the AT&T cordless phone and she's able to answer her phone on any of the cordless phone in the house and it works very well without any monthly charge.

Panasonic and Vtech also offer this capability. Panasonic calls it Link-to-cell. I prefer Panasonic phones myself, but friends of mine who always buy Vtech just purchased this model with Bluetooth and they said they're really happy with it. Although they have not made the move to Ooma yet, they do use the Bluetooth capability of this phone and they said it works well.
#109569 by lbmofo
Tue May 07, 2013 7:39 am
avale wrote:

If you don't feel like doing research (I often feel that way); walking into Costco and picking out a set with bluetooth wouldn't be a bad idea.