Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#109464 by ondjp
Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 am
I assume it is probably possible to install a second Telo on my home network (router). Correct me if I'm wrong about that assumption.

The more important question is, what would the call quality be like? Would the quality be poor if two calls (one on each Telo) were being conducted at the same time?
#109466 by focuspuller
Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm
I have a Hub with Scout and a Telo all on the same router....3 calls and no problems....15MB down and 1 MB up.
#109490 by ondjp
Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 am
I tear up with envy when I read your speeds. Unfortunately, I am limited to a 3MB down and 700kbs Up. It works great with one Telo, and that is a real testament for Ooma.

Knowing my speeds do you still feel there will be no issues?
#109523 by dsinternet
Sun May 05, 2013 6:30 am
I have two on one router and have no issues. Plug and play. I have not logged into the setup page on Ooma or my router and have not had any problems. I do have fast 12 Mbps Internet.
#113725 by Jstone
Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:35 am
This is intriguing to me as a possible solution to trouble I'm having with my Telo. Daily it goes to blinking red and has to be unplugged & replugged to work. Problematic when I am not home. Maybe using a second Telo as backup?
Two questions: 1) why do you use two; and 2) do they use the same phone number?
#113726 by ondjp
Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:27 am
I want one for business and one for home line. I like being able to keep them totally separate so there is no chance kids will delete messages. I also added additional number on home unit to identify calls for kids and such.

I have installed second Telo just yesterday and both seem to be working fine. We haven't had much phone traffic, but there are no obvious issues yet.
#113727 by lbmofo
Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:35 am
Jstone wrote:This is intriguing to me as a possible solution to trouble I'm having with my Telo. Daily it goes to blinking red and has to be unplugged & replugged to work. Problematic when I am not home. Maybe using a second Telo as backup?
Two questions: 1) why do you use two; and 2) do they use the same phone number?

Router is the likely culprit not being stable.
#113729 by dsinternet
Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:39 am
I have a second Telo as a back up. I also have an uninterrupted power supply UPS hooked up to the modem router and telo. If the power goes out in the house; the phone system continues for about 20 mins. Normally the powers back up in a few mins.