Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#109274 by korggy
Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 am
I received a new HD2 and paired it with a friend's Telo to show him how it worked. Now I'm unable to pair it with my own Telo -- it just says "Scanning for Ooma base unit". Is there a way to re-pair the HD2 with a new Telo, or is there a way to reset the HD2 back to factory defaults so it's in "pairing" mode again?
#109275 by murphy
Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 am
korggy wrote:I received a new HD2 and paired it with a friend's Telo to show him how it worked. Now I'm unable to pair it with my own Telo -- it just says "Scanning for Ooma base unit". Is there a way to re-pair the HD2 with a new Telo, or is there a way to reset the HD2 back to factory defaults so it's in "pairing" mode again?

Have you ever had an HD2 paired to your Telo?
How old is your Telo?
Have you ever had an original handset paired to your Telo?

If it's an old Telo it may be in HD1 mode.
From a phone connected to the Telo's phone port dial
*#*#302

and wait for it to reboot and install the HD2 firmware.
It will be a long time before the Ooma symbol turns blue.
#109276 by korggy
Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:29 am
murphy wrote:Have you ever had an HD2 paired to your Telo?

Yes I already have one HD2 paired to my Telo. This will be my 2nd.

I think the problem is that the HD2 isn't looking for a Telo since it thinks it's already paired with one (my friend's). If I'm right, I need to find some way to force the HD2 to re-pair with a different Telo. Or if I can factory reset the HD2 to its default un-paired state that might work too.
#109277 by murphy
Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:08 am
korggy wrote:
murphy wrote:Have you ever had an HD2 paired to your Telo?

Yes I already have one HD2 paired to my Telo. This will be my 2nd.

I think the problem is that the HD2 isn't looking for a Telo since it thinks it's already paired with one (my friend's). If I'm right, I need to find some way to force the HD2 to re-pair with a different Telo. Or if I can factory reset the HD2 to its default un-paired state that might work too.

Hold the red key until the HD2 reboots.
Then put the Telo in registration mode.
#109278 by korggy
Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:15 am
murphy wrote:Hold the red key until the HD2 reboots.
Then put the Telo in registration mode.

Thanks for the idea murphy. I tried that but the HD2 just says "Scanning for Ooma base unit" and eventually turns itself back off.
#109279 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:32 am
korggy:
HD2 handset Un-register Using HD2 Handset:
Press the menu button on the face of the HD2 handset. Press the lower side of the Navigation pad and select Settings. Push the Select key. The Settings page is displayed on the HD2 handset screen. Scroll down to "Unregister Handset" (located at the bottom of the list), and press the HD2 right soft key to unregister the HD2 handset.

Then re-register the HD2 handset to you Ooma Telo.
#109282 by korggy
Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:17 am
thunderbird wrote:Press the menu button on the face of the HD2 handset. Press the lower side of the Navigation pad and select Settings. Push the Select key. The Settings page is displayed on the HD2 handset screen. Scroll down to "Unregister Handset" (located at the bottom of the list), and press the HD2 right soft key to unregister the HD2 handset.

Thanks thunderbird. I tried that, but as long as it says "Scanning for Ooma base unit" the only option that's listed in the menu is "Information". When I select Information it says the following:

Handset 256
Activation: ......
HS version: 57858
IPEI: ..... ....... .
DECT: .. .. .. .. ..
RFPI: none

(the .'s respresent numbers and letters -- not sure what's security-related and shouldn't be posted online)
#109285 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 am
korggy:
My HD2 handsets have two menu items when it says "Scanning for Ooma base unit" after opening the Menu page. The first is "Information" and the other is "Unregister Handset".

If you don't see "Unregister Handset", there is another way to do this, but you need to call Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#109326 by Tom
Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am
There's a support ticket open for this. T3 will be contacting you with the special procedure.

You say the current HS version is 57858. That is very old and the reason why the 'Unregister HS' option doesn't appear. Likely the HS didn't complete upgrading when it was registered to your friend's telo. If your friend is next door you could simply take it over there, complete the upgrade, and then unregister it either from the menu or by dialing the appropriate star code. See /viewtopic.php?t=14903