Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#109074 by astrosteve
Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:03 pm
I signed up for Ooma a few days ago, and our calls are showing up with the phone number but "Unavailable" as the name. How long does it normally take before my name shows up? Thanks
#109075 by murphy
Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:15 pm
Up to 10 business days.
#110016 by astrosteve
Sat May 18, 2013 9:13 am
Well, it's almost a month later. Has it been 10 business days yet? My caller ID still says "Unknown caller".

This is the type of thing that makes me unhappy about a product when it doesn't work and I need to call in to support all the time. I'm trying to decide about porting my landline number to Ooma, and paying the $10 a month for the service, but these types of problems (such as my handset locking up when I first got it) don't make me feel good about doing that.
#110020 by lbmofo
Sat May 18, 2013 11:49 am
Outgoing callerid name depends on receiving carrier dipping into the industry database. Ooma doesn't have much control other than checking to see if your outgoing callerid name has been provisioned. You can customer service to tell them that it has been a long time and still callerid name doesn't seem to show up right to others. They may try another provision.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/outboun ... am-display

As for porting, you port your number in for one time fee of $39.99 and porting number in doesn't require you to subscribe to the Premier service for $9.99 a month.
#110977 by astrosteve
Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:58 am
It's been a month since I complained about my caller ID being setup, and it's still not setup. When I called, they told me it would be three weeks.

I still experience several call quality issues. I will start calling to complain about those next, however, I'm losing interest in Ooma, it doesn't seem very good. At least 10% of our calls have issues (doesn't connect at all, and have to hang up and try again), as well as the loud hiss on their handset. And my Internet is rock solid, super fast. If I was still on AT&T DSL, I'd definitely be blaming them for all the problems, but not with the Internet I have now.

I cancelled my automatic switch to Premier, which would have happened yesterday - I don't see the point of spending too much more money on this.
#110980 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 am
astrosteve wrote:I still experience several call quality issues. I will start calling to complain about those next, however, I'm losing interest in Ooma, it doesn't seem very good. At least 10% of our calls have issues (doesn't connect at all, and have to hang up and try again), as well as the loud hiss on their handset. And my Internet is rock solid, super fast. If I was still on AT&T DSL, I'd definitely be blaming them for all the problems, but not with the Internet I have now.

astrosteve, good VoIP quality is not all internet speed. Other components at play as well such as latency, packet loss, and jitter.

For your reference, voice quality issues thread: viewtopic.php?t=10023

"Optimal Setup:"

If before Router - viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

If after Router - viewtopic.php?t=12403