Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#109068 by mkmlg372
Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:14 pm
I have AT&T UVerse, the modem/router is a Motorola, NVG510. Ooma is plugged directly to the AT&T modem/router. I do have the MAC address set to use built-in on the Ooma settings. The Internet is connected and fine when Ooma drops. Ooma is dropping on about every other call. Very frustrating and I can't live with this unreliability. Speed tests are fine. Any suggestions. NOTE: I also have an
AirPort Express hooked up directly from the AT&T Modem/Router for streaming music and that is working fine. Thanks
#109076 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:15 pm
mkmlg372:
Read EX Bell's posts in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13634

Also run Phonepower Speedtest and post the results in this tread:

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#109084 by mkmlg372
Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 am
thunderbird wrote:mkmlg372:
Read EX Bell's posts in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13634

Also run Phonepower Speedtest and post the results in this tread:

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ______5.69 mbps__________
Upload Speed: ___718 kbps_____________
Download Consistency of Service ____93____
Upload Consistency of Service ___99______
Maximum TCP Delay ______93 ms_______
Jitter you server ____0.1 ms______
Jitter server you ____0.5 ms_____
Packet loss: you server___0.0____
Packet loss: server you __0.0____
Packet discards ____0.0_____
Packets out of order ____0.0_____
Estimated MOS score ___4.2_____
#109089 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:13 am
mkmlg372:
If Ex Bell's suggestion don't help you, maybe putting the Ooma Telo in the Motorola NVG510 Router's DMZ would help.

Go to this site for instructions: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox ... px#1968377

Note: Instead of X-box you will have to find the Ooma Telo's IP address. This can be done by accessing Ooma Setup and then clicking on the Status tab. To the right of TO INTERNET port: is where the current IP address issued by the Router to the Ooma Telo, is located.
#109141 by mkmlg372
Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 pm
Thanks Thunderbird for all of you help .. I greatly appreciate it. So far - so good after setting the QoS on Ooma to 0 and 0. Do you still think I should go ahead and set the "IP Passthrough" in the Router/Modem per the instructions you supplied ?