Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#109004 by kdcalif
Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:07 pm
hi. i had ooma for quite some time (maybe 2+ years). it won't powerup all of a sudden.

i tried 3 different adapters (12 v output) and for all of them it didn't power up.

tried holding the tab (red or blue light) on top for some time while powered but didn't do anything.

can i get it repaired somewhere? ooma tech said its just linux box inside.

or can i open it myself and check something.

appreciate any help.
#109012 by thunderbird
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:44 pm
It's starting to be the time of year when Ooma Telos and Ooma Hubs are damaged/lost due to lightening and Thunder storms.

Do you get any kind of light at all on the Ooma Hub?
#109014 by kdcalif
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm
nothing..no lights are on. i live near san jose, CA. we've been having very windy days in the past week but no lightnings etc. plus i had the same connection/setup for atleast an year. could some power surge kill this?

can i open it up and see if any part can be replaced?
#109029 by thunderbird
Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:51 pm
kdcalif wrote:nothing..no lights are on. i live near san jose, CA. we've been having very windy days in the past week but no lightnings etc. plus i had the same connection/setup for atleast an year. could some power surge kill this?

can i open it up and see if any part can be replaced?

A power surge could cause damage to the unit.

You own the Ooma Hub and it's probably out of it's Ooma one year warranty, and if you didn't purchase it from Cosco or purchased it with a credit card that has an extended warranty for electronics; so I you want to open the unit, it's up to you.
#109030 by kdcalif
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:10 pm
I got this from Frys I believe and its definitely out of warranty.

any one can share any experiences about opening this up and see if anything can be fixed. i'll try to upload a pic of opened unit.

thanks for help.
#109032 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:20 pm
I would advise against doing that because Ooma frowns upon this kind of topic.