Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#108734 by dcom222
Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
I am not sure if it just takes a really long time, but I have a new Linx that seems to be stuck in an updating status. I had no issue paring it to my Telo, and the setup.ooma.com shows the device with a good signal and a green check mark for the status. The Linx, however, has the right LED flashing between blue and amber as if it is doing an update which the instructions said may happen. The problem is that it has been sitting in this state for an hour or so. Is this normal?
#108747 by dcom222
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:59 am
Unfortunately that did not help. I let the Linx sit overnight and the right LED is still toggling between blue and amber. Things I've tried:

-Deleting the Linx from the Tel via the setup.ooma.com DECT page
-Factory resetting the Linx via the reset button (I can feel the button being pressed, however I never do see a change in the LEDs for some reason).
-Power down and up the Telo
-Power up and down the Linx

No matter what I have tried, the Linx gets detected quickly and shows up in the setup.ooma.com DECT page with a good status, but the LED never stops flashing between amber and blue. When I plug a phone into it, the other LED does turn amber when I pick up the phone and goes back to blue when I hang up.

Thanks.
#108748 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:18 am
The light on the front of the Ooma Linx really has two lights installed, a left side light and a right side light. Below is what each light indicates.

Line status indicator (Left side light)
• Lights up blue when the line is idle.
• Lights up amber the line is in use.

System status indicator (Right side light)
• Lights up blue when connected to the Base Station
• Lights up amber when it does not detect the Base Station.
• Blinks amber when it is attempting to register with
a Base Station.
• Blinks blue and amber during a software upgrade.

You will probably have to e-mail Dennis P. with the Linx problem. They can usually do something from their side.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=59
#108749 by dcom222
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:38 am
Thanks for the suggestions. I have emailed support as I think I may have a defective Linx. For clarification, it is the System LED that is toggling between blue/amber as if it's updating.

Any comments on factory resetting the Linx? I am holding the reset button for a long time but the LEDs never change to show a reset occurred. I am not sure what the indication is supposed to be.

Thanks.
#108764 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 am
dcom222 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I have emailed support as I think I may have a defective Linx. For clarification, it is the System LED that is toggling between blue/amber as if it's updating.

Any comments on factory resetting the Linx? I am holding the reset button for a long time but the LEDs never change to show a reset occurred. I am not sure what the indication is supposed to be.

Thanks.

I have one Linx device that doesn't factory reset using the paperclip method. All other do reset, but I have to hold the paperclip inserted in the tiny little hole at the bottom of the Linx device, much longer then I'd think I should. When a light change is seen, then the reset has taken place.

But with the Linx device Registered to the Ooma Office, I can unregister and re-register using Ooma Setup DECT settings page, and am still able to use that Linx device. (Some day I'll have to get it replaced by Ooma).

Some of us had the same problem that you have, (endless download of fimware to the Linx device), and the Ooma engineers was able to clear the problem from their side. But of coarse this is the weekend...

After the problem is cleared once and the latest firmware is loaded, then the Linx device seems to work fine from there on.
Last edited by thunderbird on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.