Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#108602 by MarkOoma
Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 am
We have one Ooma line, and one AT&T line that I'd like to convert to Ooma. It seems cheaper to buy a second Telo rather than buying Premier for existing Telo. I have no use for other Premier features so the monthly fee will end up costing me more in the long run than buying second Telo. I'm wondering about the monthly ~$5 taxes, if I add a second line on existing Telo, would I pay another $5/month for taxes, or is it just paid on the Telo itself?
thanks for any suggestions
#108606 by 2spirit
Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am
Taxes are accessed per Ooma account, not per line. Adding a second line to the existing Telo would require Premier but it would not increase your tax bill. A second Telo would create a new account and thus require taxes to be paid on that account as well as on your existing Telo.
#108610 by MarkOoma
Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 am
So cost is comparable but I'm concerned about performance of H2 handset, which I think is the only way to use the second line if I understand correctly. I read lots of problems on the forum about answering calls, figuring out which line is ringing etc. Also not crazy about having a cordless device, would rather have the second line running on the house wiring so there's guaranteed no interference problems.
#108612 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 am
If you want to leverage the instant second line feature with Premier, a Linx device maybe another good option for you if you want to use a regular home phone vs HD2. You can hook up a different set of multi-handset DECT 6 phone to your Linx.
#108623 by MarkOoma
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:24 pm
lbmofo wrote:If you want to leverage the instant second line feature with Premier, a Linx device maybe another good option for you if you want to use a regular home phone vs HD2. You can hook up a different set of multi-handset DECT 6 phone to your Linx.

Can I take the Linx and plug one it's ports into my existing house wiring, the way I've done with my telo's phone jack?
#108634 by MarkOoma
Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm
lbmofo wrote:Yes. You can put Linx dialtone on the 2nd pair of your house wiring.

Great, sounds like that's an easy way to go.
thanks