Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#108402 by dacoz21
Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:13 pm
Hi Guys,

I would also like to use my homes phone wiring to distribute OOMA service. Here is a pic of my current Verizon setup. It currently has phone/dsl service setup. Can anyone advise what needs to be disconnected?
IMAG0478-(2).jpg
IMAG0478-(2).jpg (153.28 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
#108666 by Jerry_NA
Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:14 pm
It is hard to tell from your picture, but it looks like you have a red/green and a yellow/black pair of telephone wires going from the box into your home wiring. One of those is carrying the DSL signal. The other should be unpowered, unless you have a second telephone line. Usually red/green is the main line, carrying DSL as well as phone service (if you don't have dry loop), and yellow/black is secondary.

In my house, I have no other phone service and dry loop DSL, so the only voltage coming in is DSL. I disconnected the yellow/black wires from the outside box, covered them with a taped plastic bag and a note saying "Do Not Connect". I use the red/green for DSL and send the Ooma dial tone back out through the yellow/black. On the jacks where I want just Ooma telephone service, I have disconnected the red/green pair (and taped the wires) and connected the yellow/black to the jacks' red/green connectors. Your setup may vary depending on your set-up, so this may not work exactly the same way for you.
#108667 by dacoz21
Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:19 pm
Thanks, I no longer use DSL so I just disconnected the connection from the phone company and plug the ooma device into the wall and it worked live a glove!