Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#108358 by ioski
Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm
Hi all, newbie with more than likely not a new question but have't found anything as of yet in the forums...

So, I had ATT DSL Express and a land line phone with AAT.
I switched to ATT Uverse Pro (VDSL) and ported my number to Ooma.
All I had to do was disconnect my old modem and hook up the same tele connection to the ATT Gateway device.
I hooked my Ooma Telo to the network fine. I hooked a separate phone to the Ooma directly.

Now... I get calls into Ooma from my old number, but my old landline can still dial out.
When I dial in.. only the Ooma rings.

I would like to hook my Ooma Telo to the inside wiring thru a wall jack, but do not want to brick the Telo.
Especially, since the old telephone still gets dial tone and can call out.

My outside telephone box has two cat5 type wire bundles. Both of these hook to the red and green terminals.
One blue from each wire bundle goes to the red terminal and One white/blue from each wire bundle goes to the green terminal.

1) Do I need to change or disconnect a pair of these wires?
2) Will this disconnect my VDSL?
3) There is another line module in the outside telephone box. Can use this to hook up/configure a second telephone line separate from the VDSL?
4) Do I need to get a ATT tech to do the work?

Thanks in advance....
#108360 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 pm
This post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10553&start=0#p73638 was telling a user to get DSL into the house via pair 2 so pair 1 can be used for Ooma dialtone distro.

If Uverse works the same way, you'd just disconnect the 2 sets of blue from the module and connect them together using butt connectors (ring to ring, tip to tip separately). Then connect the 2 sets of orange to the moudle where the blues were connected. You'd lose landline dialtone to all your walljacks. This way, at the place where you have the Uverse gateway, you'd use one of them L1 + L2 splitters and access your Uverse signal via L2. Distribute Ooma dialtone via the "Phone" port of Ooma to L1. All your house walljacks would have Ooma dialtone.

IDEAL 85-950 2 wire butt splice scotchlok connectors from Home Depot
#108366 by ioski
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 am
Thanks lbmofo!
Once, I figure out which is the line going into the house and which is coming from ATT; with this information, I'm hoping to get all squared away soon.