Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#108100 by Mauimann
Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 am
I am considering changing my internet provider from Comcast to Verizon. Unlike Comcast, Verizon is now providing an integrated cable modem / wireless router. Since the preferred hookup for Ooma is Cable Modem - Ooma Telo - Wireless Router, I'm just curious if anyone is using an INTEGRATED modem/router, and if they've experienced any unique operational issues with their Ooma.
#108108 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 pm
Mauimann wrote:I am considering changing my internet provider from Comcast to Verizon. Unlike Comcast, Verizon is now providing an integrated cable modem / wireless router. Since the preferred hookup for Ooma is Cable Modem - Ooma Telo - Wireless Router, I'm just curious if anyone is using an INTEGRATED modem/router, and if they've experienced any unique operational issues with their Ooma.

If you look at the latest Ooma Telo installation guide, step 2 https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... G_2011.pdf
you will see a Modem/Router-Ooma or Modem-Router-Ooma connection.

I think Ooma changed their installation guide when they started using the USB Wi-Fi dongle for an alternate Internet connection for the Ooma Telo.

If when you change Internet service providers, you obtain one of the lastest design Modem/Routers, you should not have problems.

Some of the older design Modem/Routers will give you fits.