Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107631 by skysurfer
Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:29 pm
Hello all, new to the forum and from what I've seen I'm hopeful someone can help me. So far, I have my ooma operating through the cordless phones in the house but would like to get all of the jacks connected as well. ATT has been canceled and I have my new number, so at this point I just need to disconnect the wiring outside. I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything similar to this setup.

I have green wires but no red. Purple/blue and white at the top, and two grays on the bottom. All the wires on the right edge of the pic are disconnected. Where do I go from here and do I need to use any telecom splice connectors on the removed wires. Thanks.
#107639 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 pm
This one is very strange looking to me. Unless someone knows and jumps in here, I would recommend looking for wire bunches going into the house and wire bunch coming from telephone pole or the street. Disconnect all the phone wires going into the house from the screw terminals is what you need to do.

Looks like you have some weird colored wires...anything from the 25 pairs?: http://www.homephonewiring.com/clr-code.html
#107645 by skysurfer
Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 am
I didn't see anything in your link that's exactly like what I have. It appears that just six wires are being used from the bundle coming from below grade into the box. Two grays on the bottom, two greens in the middle, and solid blue and blu/white on the top. (which are made long enough with the purple and white wires spliced in.) The blue and blu/white from the top posts are the only wires that run up the wall into the house. The other 10 wires in the cable that runs up the wall into the house are left hanging off the right side of the picture. Does that make any sense?
#107649 by lbmofo
Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 am
Do you still have landline dialtone? It would be nice to have if you want to confirm/verify but it sounds like "The blue and blu/white from the top posts are the only wires that run up the wall into the house" this pair of wires are the ones you want to disconnect from the posts so your house wiring is disconnected from anything else.
#107654 by skysurfer
Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:17 pm
No landline dialtone, I couldn't wait to cancel ATT. It sure seems that the two top posts are the ones to disconnect but I wanted someone else's opinion before going forward. I appreciate you taking the time to help.
#107660 by skysurfer
Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:07 pm
I did, then connected the Telo to a wall jack and everything seems to be working properly. Thanks again for your help.

Edit: One more question, what are the spring-loaded gizmos with the letter "A" stamped on them?