Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107583 by MSV_NC
Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 am
I currently have 2 Telos - both purchased and implemented before the Linx adapter was out. One is for my regular home service; the other for a home-based office. I have Premier service on both lines, as the extra features I want are worth the extra $$$. But I also don't want to throw good money after bad - I'm considering combining the accounts, and using a Linx - BUT I don't want to give up some key things I value.

Note that I would plan on having my regular home number feed into line-1 on my household wiring directly from the Telo, and the use a regular old Panasonic 2-line base station to reach 4 DECT 6.0 2-line handsets. I would plan to feed my business line into line-2 on my household wiring from the new Linx adapter. I assume I would configure my business-line as a private device (the Linx) via the myOoma portal. I've already disconnected the TELCO at the outside interface box, as this is how I connect today with the 2 Telo devices.

Can I have separate voice-mail (outgoing message) for the 2 lines?
Can I have line-1 voice-mail sent to 1 email address, while line-2 voice-mail goes to a separate email address?
Can I have line-1 and line-2 configured to do simultaneous ring on 2 different phone numbers? (I have my business line simultaneously ring my cell phone today)
Can I maintain separate blacklists? Or would they operate from a combined list?
Would outbound caller-ID from my household line-1 connections be the home number, while the line-2 devices (Linx) be the business-line?
Would I have 1 or separate myOoma logon ID's (I have 2 today - one for each Telo)?
Would I have separate or combined phone activity logs on myOoma?

Basically, I want to replicate as much of what I have today, but only have 1 Premier subscription and tax bill. I DO understand that, without an HD2 I will have to punch keys on a handset to access line-2 voicemail or send-to-voicemail, but I can live with that (I review most voicemail from the emailed copy anyway).

Thanks in advance for help and advice - if this will go the way I hope, I'll be able to re-deploy my 2nd Telo to a vacation retreat, where I have internet, but spotty cell coverage!
#107590 by lbmofo
Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am
MSV_NC wrote:Can I have separate voice-mail (outgoing message) for the 2 lines?

Yes.

MSV_NC wrote:Can I have line-1 voice-mail sent to 1 email address, while line-2 voice-mail goes to a separate email address?

Yes.

MSV_NC wrote:Can I have line-1 and line-2 configured to do simultaneous ring on 2 different phone numbers? (I have my business line simultaneously ring my cell phone today)

Yes.

MSV_NC wrote:Can I maintain separate blacklists? Or would they operate from a combined list?

Separate. However, if anyone out there is familiar with any bugs in this configuration, please chime in. The Community and Personal Blacklist treatments seem to be tied together but the Personal Blacklist seemingly can be maintained independently.

MSV_NC wrote:Would outbound caller-ID from my household line-1 connections be the home number, while the line-2 devices (Linx) be the business-line?

Yes.

MSV_NC wrote:Would I have 1 or separate myOoma logon ID's (I have 2 today - one for each Telo)?

Yes, separate my ooma logins. However, the private account (Linx for you) my ooma would be watered down. Example: 911 alerts, Ooma Mobile, System, My Ooma preferences would be in Main Account only and would be missing from the Linx account login. The Account section would be slimmer too: only System, Profile, Security choices.

MSV_NC wrote:Would I have separate or combined phone activity logs on myOoma?

Separate.
#107599 by MSV_NC
Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm
Fantastic news! Thanks for your answers - my wife will be pleased to have a real phone at the cabin!