Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107573 by buskemail
Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 am
I am trying to install OOMA Telo (connecting via WiFi). I made it through step 5 of the installation process and now see the blinking logo. The guide says it takes 5-10 minutes for a software update, but mine has been blinking for almost an hour. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
#107574 by thunderbird
Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 am
buskemail wrote:I am trying to install OOMA Telo (connecting via WiFi). I made it through step 5 of the installation process and now see the blinking logo. The guide says it takes 5-10 minutes for a software update, but mine has been blinking for almost an hour. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Probably something is wrong.

What I'd do is for getting the Ooma Telo firmware updated, I'd power off everything (Modem, Ooma Telo, Router and computer) and then temporarily connect a network cable from your router to the Internet port of the Ooma Telo. I'd temporarily connect a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma Telo to the wired LAN port of a computer. If the computer is using Wi-Fi, temporarily turn Wi-Fi off in the computer. Then repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done booting and you see a Blue Ooma symbol, repower the computer.

Next access Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. Click on the Wireless tab. Very important, delete the wireless Wi-Fi network that you previously setup in the Ooma Setup Wireless page. Scan for networks again. Enter Name and password of your Wi-Fi network that you want to use. Once this is setup, disconnect the network cable from the Ooma Telo Internet port. Remove power from the Ooma Telo and then repower the Ooma Telo.

It take just a little longer for the Wi-Fi Internet connection to connect, as compared to the network cable Ooma Telo Internet port connection. Once you see a Blue Ooma symbol, setup and locate your Ooma Telo as you wish.
#107579 by Sunshine76963
Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 am
I had the same problem yesterday. I am connected to my wireless modem, and the red symbol was flashing for about 50 minutes. I used tech support chat, and they suggested that I disconnect the power to my Ooma base and my modem for about 2 minutes, then plug them back in. Did that, and everything worked after a few minutes. Didn't have to power down my computer or anything else. It all seems to be up and running fine now. Good luck.