Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107477 by JeffK
Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 am
Help - I am on my second Ooma HD2 handset with the same problem. After Registration of the handset, I get a message on the handset's screen that says it needs to download new software which it does automatically. Then the screen on the handset says it is verifying the download. Then the screen says it is rebooting the handset and to leave it in the charger, which I do. Up to this point, the handset seems to be working perfectly with all text and graphics displayed. When the handset reboots,however, the entire screen is illuminated but it is all white with no text or graphics. Does not matter what I do I cannot get the screen to come back. I have the current model of the Ooma telo and I am on my second HD2 handset both with the same problem. I can access my Ooma telo from the handset to make calls and access v-mail but I am just guessing on the functions as I cannot see anything on the screen. Any suggestions?
#107480 by JeffK
Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:10 pm
Got my Ooma telo upgraded to the new software then I registered the new HD2 handset again and now everything works perfect. Kudos to the excellent Ooma support staff - A happy camper
#108952 by astrosteve
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm
Sorry, this post and the link the the post discussing the hours for tech support aren't helpful at all!

I have this same issue, what am I supposed to do? I just got the Telo and handset today. The handset said it was updating, then when it finished I got a white screen (after saying it would take a few minutes and just leave it alone - I left it alone for about 10 minutes).

I've tried removing the batteries. I've tried doing the link thing again - nothing works. The screen is just white.
#108954 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 pm
Santa wrote:
thunderbird wrote:For anyone having this problem, contact Ooma Customer Support to get upgraded firmware:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT

I had the same problem and did what Tbird suggested. Call was answered quickly, they understood the issue and somehow pushed the new firmware to the HD2. Quick and simple (oh, and the phone works!).

I've read some bad stuff about phone support on this forum, but this is the first time I've had to make a call, and it was smooth and easy.
#133943 by Tom
Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:02 am
The blank screen issue discussed in this thread was particular to a firmware version that no longer exists in the field. Any blank screen issues occurring now are not software related.