Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107427 by puringla
Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 pm
I have att dsl internet connection, I would like to know how to hookup ooma modem and router.
#107432 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:55 am
puringla wrote:I have att dsl internet connection, I would like to know how to hookup ooma modem and router.

If you already have a Modem-Router connection, just connect the Ooma Telo to one of the Router LAN ports. Using this type of connection, nothing is connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, except to temporarily connect a computer to make adjustments to Ooma Setup. Be sure to reboot everything starting with the Modem, then Router, then Ooma Telo after the Ooma Telo is connected.

If you want to connect the Ooma Telo, Modem-Ooma-Router, you may have to find out what your DSL provider Name and Password is, if the Ooma Telo doesn't connect right away (Red Flashing Ooma Symbol after sitting for a long time).

After the Modem has been powered, and then the Ooma Telo (may only boot to Red Flashing Ooma Symbol), and then the Router, access Ooma Setup using a computer connected to the Router. Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. Firefox works best. In the window that opens, click on the Internet tab. In the box following the words Connection type: Click on the down arrow and select PPPoE. In the Name and Password boxes below, add the DSL Name and Password.
Select Use Built In: under INTERNET Port MAC Address:
Click on Update device.
Remove power from the Modem, Ooma, and router. Repower the Modem. After the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. After the Ooma Telo is done booting, repower the Router.

If this is a first time Ooma Telo install, it may flash Red for maybe up to one half hour while the Ooma Telo is downloading the latest Ooma Firmware.