Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107414 by peabody
Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm
Let's say my Telo is driving the home phone network, with two extensions (B and C) being away from the Telo. I answer a call on B, and I want to put that call on hold, hang up B, go to the other room where C is, pick up that extension and get the call back live. Can I do that? Switchhook? Flash button? anything?
#107415 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 pm
peabody wrote:Let's say my Telo is driving the home phone network, with two extensions (B and C) being away from the Telo. I answer a call on B, and I want to put that call on hold, hang up B, go to the other room where C is, pick up that extension and get the call back live. Can I do that? Switchhook? Flash button? anything?

Yes, both.

Ooma handsets don't have a flash button, but if you are using a phone connected to Ooma, that has flash, it works. Ooma HD2 handsets use a combination of the Talk button and softkeys.
#107422 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm
If you have Ooma handset, during a call, you put it on hold (via menu), put the phone back in cradle, walk to the other phone and pick up the phone there (once you put the call on hold, all your handset will ring).
#107430 by peabody
Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm
I don't have an Ooma handset. I'm trying out an RCA wired phone, which has a Flash button. I will probably have three of them around the house.

So I've now tried using the Flash button on that phone, and it works. And as you said, a few seconds after you hang up, it starts doing two quick rings every few seconds, I guess so you won't inadvertently leave the call on hold forever.