Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#9268 by LarryL
Thu May 07, 2009 10:14 am
I have a two-line cordless phone system configured so that line 1 is plugged into the Ooma main box and line 2 is hooked to the Scout. We have the premier plan that allows us two lines using the same phone number.

When someone calls the Ooma number both lines ring. This messes up caller ID history, showing two entries for every single call.

Is it possible to configure the Scout so that it will only ring its line if the first line is in use?

Thanks,
Larry
#9271 by WayneDsr
Thu May 07, 2009 10:28 am
I believe you have to understand that the hub and Scout are not "lines".

With Premier, if a call comes in, line one rings on both the hub and scout.
While on a call if another call comes in and you're using the hub phone on line 1, line 2 will ring on the scout.
If you are talking on line one on the Scout and a call comes in, line 2 on the hub will ring.

I think the only way to separate the hub and scout is to get a second ooma number, assign one number to the hub and the second number to the scout.

Wayne
#9273 by LarryL
Thu May 07, 2009 10:40 am
That all makes sense, and I do appreciate it.

I believe many people will configure their existing two-line systems the same way that I do - one number, but two virtual "lines" available at all times. It would be very helpful and consistent with the landline experience if one were able to configure the service so that the Scout only rings what is plugged into its Phone outlet if the hub is busy.
#9274 by WayneDsr
Thu May 07, 2009 10:42 am
There are many in this forum that utilize a 2 line phone system, I'm not one of them. Perhaps someone will add to this post and be able to tell you how they have their 2 line phone hooked up.

Wayne
#9790 by t4feb
Sun May 17, 2009 3:34 am
Try this link in the forum
http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1588
I had the same problem with mine and its all good now. I have one phone hooked to the hub for home number and one phone hooked up to the scout for a small business number and they both work fine. If the home phone rings it only rings on the home phone and not the business phone and the same goes with the business phone. If the home phone is in use I can pick up the business phone and make a call or receive a call with no problem. It took a while to get it all working but it works great. Hope this helps you out.