Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107208 by larrygo
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:19 pm
but if I call my original number from my cell phone the call does not ring in the house. I can call my temporary number and it rings in the house fine. Any suggestions?
#107211 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm
Are you connecting your Ooma's "phone" port to a walljack using a phone cord? If so, disconnect the Ooma device from your walljack right away unless you already disconnected your house wiring from the telephone company at the NID. I am thinking If you did the disconnect properly at the NID, you wouldn't be asking the question you just did.
#107214 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:48 pm
Is everything working okay now as before? When you call landline, phones inside the house ring and when calling Ooma, only phone connected to Ooma should ring?
#107220 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm
If I were you, I'd run it just like you have it now until porting is complete. Just plug 1 phone in Ooma so you can do testing etc. Keep Ooma separate from your landline circuit until porting complete.

You can do testing of disconnecting your house wiring from the phone compnay at the NID now if you want.

Look at this post (most people just need to go out and unplug a modular plug): viewtopic.php?t=14206#p99167

Once your house wiring is disconnected from the telephone company, you should find all your house phones dead without dialtone. Then, it is safe to connect a phone cord from Ooma's "phone" port to a walljack. Once this is done, all the house phones should have Ooma dialtone.

You can go back out and plug the modular plug back in to make your landline work again (but make sure you unplug Ooma's "phone" port from the walljack first) or you can start using Ooma right away feeding your whole house (this is only feasible/practical before port completion date if your landline can be forwarded to your temp Ooma number; still while you can receive all your calls, your outgoing callerid would show strange temp Ooma number to people you call).

In any case, you now know what to do after your landline number is ported to Ooma.
#107226 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:47 pm
larrygo, sometime in the future, even if your landline is seemingly dead (no dialtone), you still want to make sure your house wiring is disconnected from the telephone company before you feed any Ooma dialtone into your house wiring (to prevent damage to Ooma hardware).