Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107175 by peabody
Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 am
I know it's there somewhere, but I can't find this on the site. I just activated last week, and I think I'm going to sign up for Premier, and port over my existing landline number.

Suppose I want to make the ported number my primary line 1 number, but also keep the existing Ooma-assigned number as a second phone number. How much would the second number cost? Also, would there be an additional set of fees and taxes to pay for the second number? A second Premier charge?

Thanks
#107176 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 am
Premier comes with ability to keep 2 numbers without additional cost. 3rd number and more would cost $4.99 a month per phone number. Porting a number in would make it the primary number. If you have 2 numbers in your account before number port, the 2nd number will drop off the account after the number port unless you buy a personal number add on to keep 3 numbers on your account. Monthly taxes is per account and not per number.
#107179 by peabody
Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 am
Sorry, I forgot to ask about another thing. If I port my landline number over, and keep the Ooma-assigned number as well, what would outgoing Caller ID look like on the Ooma-assigned number? Would it be that number and my name?
#107180 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 am
Outgoing callerid used would default to primary number.
You can force it using dialing prefix **1 to show secondary number as your callerid. **0 to show primary.