Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#9194 by in2dadark
Wed May 06, 2009 9:53 am
I though I'd be able to use every line in the house once I plugged ooma into the wall jack..? I'm only able to get other lines working with the scout..Do I have to buy a scout for every outlet in the house?

I have disconnected my old twisted pair from the phone co. and everything works ok but this...Thanks ooma.. I appreciate we haven't had any problems in a good while ..keep it up..
#9199 by WayneDsr
Wed May 06, 2009 10:08 am
To put ooma on every wall jack you connect the PHONE port on the ooma hub to the wall jack. The hubs require the WALL port of the ooma hub to be connected. You can do both with success. Every wall jack should have an ooma dial tone with this setup.

If you need to also put a phone on the PHONE port of the hub, you must use a splitter.

Wayne
#9212 by just4fn
Wed May 06, 2009 2:35 pm
I will assume that the scout will not work with this setup and you wont have access to the second line?
#9221 by in2dadark
Wed May 06, 2009 6:36 pm
WayneDsr wrote:If you also connect the WALL port on the ooma hub to the wall jack a scout will also work.

Wayne

Thanks all.. When I forward my business phone to my ooma and I call my bus. phone from my ooma it goes to a message that says 'you have no new voice messages and 2 old messages' ... Why does it recoginze me? Shouldn't it go to my ooma voice mail?